Pistorius DON'T get away with Murder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This joke of a trial finished today and he got away with it. I was expecting Basil Faulty to appear with a sprig of ash and start beating him.

5 Years

I think this court and this sentence brings the SA justice system into disrepute, I thought our system was bad enough.

Edited by Conniff

Apparently he will only serve 10 months, then house arrest, they won't appeal.

One of the defence witnesses screwed up. Otherwise there would be no jail

time whatsoever.

Good, he should be awarded at least double the sentence and have to serve it all.

There definitely is one sentence for the poor and one for the celeb.

This is what sentencing is all about (US):

Teen Sentenced To 23 Years In Prison For Killing Police Dog

"Ivins Rosier was 16-years-old at the time of the November 2012 incident and told the courtrooms his drug and alcohol abuse was to blame at the time and didn’t represent the man he had become. But Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Robin Rosenberg wasn’t trying to hear it and sentenced him to a lengthy prison term of 23 years for the crime.

Edited by Conniff

I could not believe the verdict either! of course it was Murder; you don't fire 4 shots at somebody without expecting the result might be death! ( I am also not convinced he did not know who it was ).

There are lots anomalies; why did he not put the lights on and why did she not cry out to say she was there! and why did she take her phone into the Loo? not the normal thing to do!

Hope the States appeal goes through and get the judgement right.

I can't understand why the prosecution didn't dig further into why the toilet door was 'slammed'. We know who was behind it, so it tells me they had a row and she stormed off into the bathroom with phone to ring her mum or a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...
.... it tells me they had a row and she stormed off into the bathroom........

seems prob how a jury wld've viewed it. but no jury in SA.

4 shots does seem an intent to kill. otherwise maybe one warning shot, call the missus to call the police (but, she was in the bathroom! not beside him in bed). if the 'burglar' then opens the door comes out, then yes open fire.

but, who knows what actually happened. apart from the 'wimpering' pistorius.

IMO

:-):rant:

Lots of other factors at play, his state of mind at the time, 'fight or flight', he didn't have his prosthetics etc.

seems prob how a jury wld've viewed it. but no jury in SA.

4 shots does seem an intent to kill. otherwise maybe one warning shot, call the missus to call the police (but, she was in the bathroom! not beside him in bed). if the 'burglar' then opens the door comes out, then yes open fire.

but, who knows what actually happened. apart from the 'wimpering' pistorius.

Lots of other factors at play, his state of mind at the time, 'fight or flight', he didn't have his prosthetics etc.

yes, his apparent GAD for eg, that was later introduced not at the beginning.

IMO

They probably didn't realize the importance or significance, the deeper they went into it, the bigger it became. The whole trial was hap-hazard.

yes, his GAD for eg, that was later introduced not at the beginning.

They probably didn't realize the importance or significance, the deeper they went into it, the bigger it became. The whole trial was hap-hazard.

indeed, perhaps introduced when they realised that they were losing.

it was wholly hap hazard. maybe one of the probs with televised trials.

IMO

Conniff, that's well below the belt.

It should have been life for murder after all, when you look into it, he didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Haha 1

Hopefully the appeal will be successful and this time they will take time deal with the matter better.

Otherwise in my opinion he got away and its not fair.

Based on what we heard during the trial and saw during London Olympic, it is clear that he has problem with his temper and for some reason, he felt that he was above the law.

The police didn't help the prosecutions case, the lead officer got removed, the scene of the crime was disturbed, his personal possessions were stolen by the police, etc There is so much wrong, even in the UK, the case against him would have failed.

The police didn't help the prosecutions case, the lead officer got removed, the scene of the crime was disturbed, his personal possessions were stolen by the police, etc There is so much wrong, even in the UK, the case against him would have failed.

ie, he 'got away with it' :)

IMO

The prosecution, the police failed, they want a 'second chance'.

seems the appeal can only be re if the j erred, not re the case itself ie a poss retrial.

at best, a slight increase in sentence. imo.

still 'got away with it' :)

IMO

They want the max.

seems the appeal can only be re if the j erred, not re the case itself ie a poss retrial.

at best, a slight increase in sentence. imo.

still 'got away with it' :)

• 1 year later...

Nice one.

Of course it was murder, that was so obvious.

I don't remember anyone asking 'why, after being told to keep her head down and phone the police, she decided she would go for a pee instead and he supposedly didn't notice her walk past him and go into the bathroom', what a load of bull.

The South African justice system is an even bigger joke than the English system.

They had a row and she stormed to the bathroom and that hurt his ego.

• 3 months later...