Close motor finance - voluntary reposession, credit rating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Under the terms of my contract I can return my vehicle to close after x amount of payments. I've already reached this milestone so wondered what the effects of voluntary terminating my agreement would have on my credit report. See I want to change my vehicle for something much more fuel efficient but part ex amount is ridiculously low the only option I appear to have is to return the vehicle.

Any advise appreciated.

Your referring to hp/cond sale

If done correctly using s99/100 it will have no effect

But you MUST vt under s99

They cannot charge for this

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hi all.

Under the terms of my contract I can return my vehicle to close after x amount of payments. I've already reached this milestone so wondered what the effects of voluntary terminating my agreement would have on my credit report. See I want to change my vehicle for something much more fuel efficient but part ex amount is ridiculously low the only option I appear to have is to return the vehicle.

Any advise appreciated.

Do not mention voluntary repossession, it is voluntary termination.

Your credit file will be marked with a "VT" marker, but this is not adverse. It will have no future bearing on personal loans. It shouldn't have any future bearing on vehicle finance either, however Close MF may offer a shorter term on future finance and/or a higher initial deposit to avoid future losses.

finance companies hate vt, as they will usually, as in your case due to low value remaining in the car,lose money

that is why it is so important to correctly word your letter under s99, and to offer them no loopholes.

you must attend the condition inspection, do not sign any of their forms without prior advice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.