Financial Ombudsman - a recommendation

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also emailed Watchdog this evening, and in the process of putting together a detailed complaint to the FO.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Phatram - excellent link to the petition. Added myself, wife, kids, cat & 2 goldfish to it !! No, seriously, just us two. Keep posting it to remind people, though !! Can we and mods add it to their sigs ?

Also un1boy - the Watchdog link - another one to plug away at !! I wish Anne Robinson was back on that job !!

And MP's - I'll have to pull my digit out and write a stiffie.

And of course, AlanFromDerby, we knew you'd do a big one !! Let's hope it lands fairly and squarely under the right nose. Well done mate.

Well done all you guys.

Guest Battleaxe

Phatram

Kent and I added our signatures to the petition. I over looked that link yesterday.

Thank you for being proactive and getting this started.

Phatram - excellent link to the petition. Added myself, wife, kids, cat & 2 goldfish to it !! No, seriously, just us two. Keep posting it to remind people, though !! Can we and mods add it to their sigs ?

Also un1boy - the Watchdog link - another one to plug away at !! I wish Anne Robinson was back on that job !!

And MP's - I'll have to pull my digit out and write a stiffie.

And of course, AlanFromDerby, we knew you'd do a big one !! Let's hope it lands fairly and squarely under the right nose. Well done mate.

Well done all you guys.

No probs - if you liked it, hit my scales! ;)

Also, if it helps, take a look at the letter I wrote to my MP and the progress of it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/41134-letter-my-mp-please-new-post.html

It's a shame for things like this that our sigs don't show on every post anymore! :(

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

hi! i have been charged so many times and have had a few refunds as good will gestures. would this affect my claim? i also have a personal loan with my bank will this be a problem? i struggle to keep up with rising bills and regualarly rob peter to pay paul which is why i go over sometimes. it just isnt fair that the banks can charge me and for the charges they impose on my account. and why are they so much?

Hi,

I had the same issue with my bank. I just added back any refunds onto the spreadsheet when I listed all my charges. As long as you put the correct dates in then it doesnt affect the interest statement at all and gives you the right figure at the bottom.

I would also recommend you start your own thread.

Regards

Rascal

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

The Financial Ombudsman is a quango run by the banks themselves and as such has no vested interest in offering a fair service to the general public. What we need to put pressure on is the government itself to regulate the clearing banks.

Abby National

Bank of England

Barclays

Co-op

Egg

Halifax

Lloyds TSB

Nat West

These banks are allowed by charter to operate outside the laws of England when dealing with the nations finances and as such are allowed to get away with ripping us off at every oportunity. Clearance times have increased in the last few years despite pressure from the OFT and other bodies. The banks use it to manipulate our money and increse their revenue. I know this a bit off thread so please could the moderators move it if they wish.. Great work peeps...

Smile :) bank prelim sent 25 oct £180

Smile :) bank LBA sent 8th Nov

Smile bank Received £180 25th Nov :) :)

http://cloudbasspa.co.uk

The Financial Ombudsman is a quango run by the banks themselves and as such has no vested interest in offering a fair service to the general public.

FWIW This seems well on-thread to me. It echoes my personal suspicions about the FO.

Can it be substantiated, though, Skyclad ?

Not a challenge as such - I genuinely don't know who really runs it, and I don't know how to find out.

Bill-k.

What does FWIW mean?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

It's just come to me - for What it's worth!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

It's just come to me - for What it's worth!!!

Glad I'm not the only one wrestling with forumspeak sometimes, mate. Yeah - it's fun just puzzling it out, sometimes, innit ?

We all slowly evolve our own, too. I use FOMTL (clue -see my location !)

Another one I got the other day was CRAFT, but I've forgotten what that meant. Geddit , yet ?

Post up answer for a free banana !!

HTH, BTW, but if you don't post back, then AFAIC - FU2 !!

:D

Guest Battleaxe

Maybe we should text our complaint to the FO with acronyms.

I have to admit I have never used the text facility on my mobile phone, i can't remember the number,, that is why no-one has it.

ROFLOL...

Maybe we should text our complaint to the FO with acronyms.

I have to admit I have never used the text facility on my mobile phone, i can't remember the number,, that is why no-one has it.

ROFLOL...

yes, they certainly seem to invite that, don't they ? I think I might have posted a rough template letter earlier to that effect !!

Predictive text - similarly dangerous.

You tell some nuisance caller to go forth & multiply. (Sorry - spread reputation)

Next thing you know, dearest mother-in-law has had the same suggestion - simply because your next text to her began with 'F.'

:mad:

We all slowly evolve our own, too. I use FOMTL (clue -see my location !)

Hehe, yeh I know what you mean - hope you didn't hurt yourself! ;)

Another one I got the other day was CRAFT, but I've forgotten what that meant. Geddit , yet ?

Hehe, Can't Remember A F*****G Thing now, sorry mate.......

Post up answer for a free banana !!

I'll PM you my address to send the banana too, yeh?! ;)

HTH, BTW, but if you don't post back, then AFAIC - FU2 !!

Hmmm....this one, let's see.........HTH: Hope this helps.........BTW: By the way..........AFAIC - FU2 (eh?!)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

You tell some nuisance caller to go forth & multiply. (Sorry - spread reputation)

LMFAO!!! (see what I did there?! :cool: )

My charges claims:

Default removals:

wunch? ;)

can you PM what "AFAIC - FU2" means? I'm intreged now!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

wunch? ;)

can you PM what "AFAIC - FU2" means? I'm intreged now!

Sorry, mate - I'm assuming too much here. When I see a Platinum poster, I assume they've been everywhere and got the T-shirt. This place is so big, though.

I don't think it has made Wikipedia, yet, but...

"Wunch" - the collective term for employees within the financial services industry. The expression usually takes the form:- " A Wunch of Bankers. "

AFAIC - " As Far As I'm Concerned. "

FU2 - "You also have my exhortation to go forth and multiply."

:lol:

Sorry, mate - I'm assuming too much here. When I see a Platinum poster, I assume they've been everywhere and got the T-shirt. This place is so big, though.

I don't think it has made Wikipedia, yet, but...

"Wunch" - the collective term for employees within the financial services industry. The expression usually takes the form:- " A Wunch of Bankers. "

AFAIC - " As Far As I'm Concerned. "

FU2 - "You also have my exhortation to go forth and multiply."

:lol:

Hehe, cheers mate - I was aware of the meaning of wunch, I just thought you'd spelt "bunch" wrong, lol!!

Cheers for the rest!

As for the platinum, it just means I talk a lot of excrement to be honest!! hehe, only messing!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I went to a lot of trouble re-programming my SpellChecker for the BAG forum - now it won't let me use the word *unch without changing it to Wunch !!

I'm also a member of the Hell's Advocates MotorMouth Club, Oakland, California.

Did you ever see that old classic film "Easy Writer" ?

Cheers mateys.

Hi-Jack over for today. :grin:

Guest Battleaxe

I am flattered that you think my ears are delicate...

I did serve in the Army, I am a Services brat and attended a girls boarding school, and as my grandgather used to say, I had a mouth that would make a navvie blush.

I was a sad disappointment for my grandmother, who did her utmost to turn me into a Lady.

So, gentelmen thank you for considering me. I am eager to learn...

12810_0_39651_d.jpg