Natwest gold packaged account fees reclaiming **WON £1100!!**

zuzanka23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

#50 '...it wasn't a better deal at all!'

ditto. it was prob no doubt all a 'con'/missell, right from the 'cashiers' inviting customers to 'discuss' their accounts with an a/c handler who was no doubt on some sort of commission/points per packaged a/c sale.

IMO

:-):rant:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your package spreadsheet looks fine

I would remove the charges with odd pence attached ie £9.06, £10.79, £3.83 and £2.59, they dont look right

I think you stand a very good chance, and dont forget if nat west refused you must persist to the fos

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

what do you think? I am sure I need to add something or change something, so please help, I want to make the letter really good so I have a chance of winning

thank you

add as said in post no 44

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

your package spreadsheet looks fine

I would remove the charges with odd pence attached ie £9.06, £10.79, £3.83 and £2.59, they dont look right

I think you stand a very good chance, and dont forget if nat west refused you must persist to the fos

I did, the fee on 21/12/2010 of £10.79, I don't know whether to leave it as I wasn't charge the maintenance fee of £12.95 but only that one of £10.79, don't know why but I think that's the maintenance fee for that month

what do you think, I can't leave it blank that month, can I? as the maintenance fee is charged every month

I did, didn't I?

I tried to copy what was in post 44, so what am I missing?

thanks

add to your letter as per post#44

3)letter headed Formal Complaint, saying how you were sold the package account,why the account benefits were of no use to you

and your need for these insurances was never questioned, totally unsuitable for your needs

and you require a refund of £xxx plus associated interestlink3.gif of £xxx, Total £xxx,

and as a matter of further redress,

the CHARGES levied on your account were solely due to the package account fees being charged to your account

and you require a refund of £xxx, for these charges and associated interest

and you expect an early positive reply etc etc..

post up prior to submission

I did, the fee on 21/12/2010 of £10.79, I don't know whether to leave it as I wasn't charge the maintenance fee of £12.95 but only that one of £10.79, don't know why but I think that's the maintenance fee for that month

what do you think, I can't leave it blank that month, can I? as the maintenance fee is charged every month

yes ok leave as is

sorry, this is the last version.

I changed it a bit as I was looking through the conditions of the insurances and the travel insurance states that if you have a medical conditions and are prescribed medication, you need to have a medical screening and they might not cover you. I was only diagnosed with IBS and prescribed medication for this so not sure if i can use it, but I thought why not?

If you think not, then please let me know and i will get rid of it.

I am trying to make it sound really good because I want to win, so I would definitely appreciate any comments, or suggestions what to write to make it sound even better.

this is my first attempt at trying to fight banks so I am not very good at this.

thank you

it would be better to PDF the doc first

as yu pers details can be extracted from an RTF

you don't need to put a link to the attachment in the msg box.

simply attach it [upload] via the go advanced then manage attachment button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

very good effort zuzanka, well done:-)

just a couple of things to change

1) I was told to get the account in order to obtain an overdraft

2)how much I would save a year,

but as the account benefits were totally unsuitable for my needs the costs of the account far outweighed any savings

3)leave out para about breakdown cover, likewise id theft

4)I enclose a breakdown of the package fees dating back...

5)£772.89 plus associated interest of £425.17

other than the above good to go

ok thank you, I have changed it.

what do you think now?

if you can think of anything else that you think would help me to win this, then please let me know, thank you.

do you think I am not just wasting my time?

just one thing, change £180 per year in maintanence fees to bank package account fees

then send by recorded delivery, along with your two spreadsheets

if I thought you were wasting your time, I wouldnt be wasting mine helping you

ok thank you, I wont be uploading it again but I have changed what you suggested.

I will post the letter this week and then it takes 8 weeks for them to reply I think, is that right?

Thank you very much for help. I hope you are right and I am not wasting my time, that would be great :)

I just wanted to ask one more thing.

My overdraft on this account is not £1300.

Can they argue and say that as I have such a high overdraft, I wouldn't be able to have this with a different account

and therefore the packaged account was the best for my needs?

Can I argue with them that I only originally asked for £250 which is normal overdraft that most people have

and that was the original overdraft I wanted but was told I had to have a packaged account to have it?

thanks

sorry to keep posting but one last thing I hope:)

should I add to the spreadsheet the package fees for October and November as it's going to take them 8 weeks to reply?

or should I just leave it?

Just wondering what will happen,

will they close my account and ask me to repay the overdraft?

thank you

I just wanted to ask one more thing.

My overdraftlink3.gif on this account is not £1300.

Can they argue and say that as I have such a high overdraft,

I wouldn't be able to have this with a different account and therefore the packaged account was the best for my needs? NO

Can I argue with them that I only originally asked for £250 which is normal overdraft that most people have

and that was the original overdraft I wanted but was told I had to have a packaged account to have it?YES

should I add to the spreadsheet the package fees for October and November as it's going to take them 8 weeks to reply?

or should I just leave it? leave it

Just wondering what will happen, will they close my account and ask me to repay the overdraftlink3.gif? when you win your redress will repay your overdraft

and on the website moneysavingexpert it says I am only entitled to 8 % back so am I right asking them to repay 17.94%? at the rate they charged you 17.94%

wow ok thank you.

I meant to say my overdraft is now £1300 and not Not £1300, that was a typo mistake.

thank you so much for your help,

I really appreciate it.

I will send the letter and spreadsheets off to Natwest tomorrow, sooner I do it the better.

Do I also add copies of the letters I have from Natwest that

I got the £250 overdraft on the same day I opened the advantage gold account and the credit card?

And also the document where the person who I spoke to in November 2009 ticked all the boxes to show how much I would save and I signed it?

or do I not post it?

And the letter I received this week asking me to review the account if I am still eligible

and if it's meeting my needs because that's the only letter I received in 5 years?

thank you

Do I also add copies of the letters I have from Natwest that I got the £250 overdraft on the same day I opened the advantage gold account and the credit card?

no, and on reflection, leave out that sentence in your letter informing them of that, and also the previous sentence about getting a credit card the same day

And also the document where the person who I spoke to in November 2009 ticked all the boxes to show how much I would save and I signed it? or do I not post it?

dont post it, it may come in later if they argue

And the letter I received this week asking me to review the account if I am still eligible and if it's meeting my needs because that's the only letter I received in 5 years? NO

leave out "I was also offered a credit card if I took this account"

and "I enclose letters.....to........of £250 and the credit card." --because your not sending them and not mentioning the credit card

ok done, sorry.

So I dont send anything else apart from the letter and spreadsheets, is that right?

can you just please check the letter again and make sure it's ok to go as I will post it tomorrow?

And do I not need to add my sort code??

thank you