Absolute Locate aka Global Debt Recovery Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter earlier this week from: Absolute Locate

Dear Mr x

We require your assistance to verify information on behalf of a client. This is part of an investigation we are currently conducting

Please contact ect ect

No, I have not responded, and don't intend too.

Letter states this registered office is for a Nat Bourner Huddersfeild HD2 1GN

CCL 579084 DPLN ZA019311

Having done some homework and looking on this group, they are not who they say they are

First off, the CCL 579084 is incorrect,

Consumer credit number 579084 is for a Natalie Alice Bunyer not Nat Bourner as stated in this letter

(She has married, but not changed the name) She also resides in Surrey not Huddersfeild

this information is therefore falsely registered and constitutes either fraud and or deception.

these people are in fact: Global Debt Recovery Limited

Milbourne House 66-70 Coombe Rd New Malden, Greater London KT3 4QW

I am assuming that their client will be: FV-1 INC of 25 CABOT SQUARE, CANARY WHARF, LONDON E14 4QA

if you take a look here at:

mylawer co uk - restriction of debt collectors

They have already broken the following guidelines

1 Those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is

2 Not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a different debt collector

3 Passing on debtor details to debt management companies without the debtors informed prior consent

i.e FV-1 INC will have passed any alleged debt onto Absolute Locate, who in turn will then pass that onto Global Debt Recovery Limited and all without my informed prior consent, add to that Absolute Locate is just a dummy office which IMO amounts to deception.

Adding to this, they would’ve already broken the Data Protection Act by passing my details on.

I will post more when I receive their first letter.

But as you can see from my tone,

I am not going to be messed with by idiots,

I will be going straight for the jugular ;)

Ps. If (big IF) there is a debt, if would’ve to be more than 8 years old or more, so Statue Barred.

Edited by InfoGeek

there might be better weapons under the new FCA CONC rules

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx100uk

These will do nicely

(2) In such cases, a firm should in no way, either by act or omission, mislead a customer as to the enforceability of the agreement.

(3) In particular, a firm should not in such cases either threaten court action or other enforcement of the debt or imply that the debt is enforceable when it is not.

(4) The firm should, in any communication or request for payment in such cases, make clear to the customer that although the debt remains outstanding it is unenforceable.

I've had dealings with muppets like this before, from a private parking company, when they stuck a 'Penalty Notice' on my car, and expected me to pay, and then passed me onto their debt collectors

They got very short thrift ;)

I have all the names, personal addresses, with pictures of houses and FB profiles for those at Global Debt Recovery

I am after all, hence the name: InfoGeek

Edited by InfoGeek

I've had dealings with muppets like this before, from a private parking company, when they stuck a 'Penalty Notice' on my car, and expected me to pay, and then passed me onto their debt collectors

They got very short thrift ;)

I have all the names, personal addresses, with pictures of houses and FB profiles for those at Global Debt Recovery

I am after all, hence the name: InfoGeek

I would suggest that you forward copies of all your "evidence" to the FCA, label it " For Information" not a complaint.

The evidence will be noted and as we have seen recently the FCA is acting pro actively on information received.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would suggest that you forward copies of all your "evidence" to the FCA, label it " For Information" not a complaint.

The evidence will be noted and as we have seen recently the FCA is acting pro actively on information received.

Oh yes BRIGADIER2JCS I shall most definitively be keeping any and all copies of anything they send, and forward it onto where needed

Think I'm going to have a little fun with this one first though, and supply them with all the rope they need to hang themselves

I like playing games, keeps the brainbox active ;)

Just how many names do these people need?

All the same people at 2c, Cartwright Court, HUDDERSFIELD, Yorkshire, HD2 1GN, England (Virtual Office)

Absolute Locate

London Investigates

Sherlock Investigates

Sherlock Locks

Thames Valley Search

Columbus Investigations Ltd

Tower Investigations Ltd

Merit Message Company Ltd

The Location Bureau Ltd

All at Coombe Rd New Malden Surrey KT3 4QE

Global Debt Recovery Ltd (Company Assets £2,331,945)

Global Direct Services Plc

Winged Messenger Ltd

Global DR Ltd

Family Finance

Armstrong Recoveries

GAR

Intertrade Collections

Tracing Associates

And lastly

Family Finance UK Mortgage - Data protection registration No Z6679359 Leads to guess who?

Yep!! It’s good old Global again

You’re going to have a right laugh when you see their website, they offer to reclaim PPI

One can't help thinking, that if they can't make you pay under one name, they then use another ???

Edited by InfoGeek

Assignment merry-go-round so they all claim tax back on the same income and pass on the assets if the brown stuff strikes the air conditioning system.

The directors also play the merry-go-round, as they seem to resign, and are then reinstated all on the same day

I'm a little concerned, in that a DCA has a site to reclaim PPI is this even ethical?

Is it possible for them to claim on old forgotten loans/debts ect without a claimant ?

Edited by InfoGeek

Email sent to the FCA along with attached scanned file of Absolute's phishing letter (my details blanked out)

Also highlighted that their office is just a virtual office and just a front for Global

And that the Consumer credit number is using the wrong name, as it should be Natalie Bourner and not Natalie Buyner, who has had plenty of time to change it, since she was married back in 2009

A little remiss there methinks

Let's see if FCA respond ;)

Email sent to the FCA along with attached scanned file of Absolute's phishing letter (my details blanked out)

Also highlighted that their office is just a virtual office and just a front for Global

And that the Consumer credit number is using the wrong name, as it should be Natalie Bourner and not Natalie Buyner, who has had plenty of time to change it, since she was married back in 2009

A little remiss there methinks

Let's see if FCA respond ;)

Much the same as the OFT they do not comment on individual " complaints" but will acknowledge and record information for use when reviewing the " interim permissions " under which DCAs are currently licenced.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Maybe people should add to the complaint to the FCA the following statement

For the sake of clarity there should be ONE consumer licence per trading name

That might stop the proliferation of companies using Global's licence no.

• 4 weeks later...

I've waited over a month since the first phishing letter from Absolute Locate

Is this the best they can come up with? I was hoping for a bit of fun, but this is boring.

Another phishing letter, but this time from The Winged Messenger

Addressed to 'The Current Occupier

Dear Sir/Madam

We act on behalf of a client in regard to a strictly confidentiallink3.gif matter.

Enquiries made suggest there is a possible connection between your address and the person we urgently need to contact.

Please help us by telephoning UK FREEPHONE 0800 458 0827 or alternatively +44(0)208 336 7015

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Yours Faithfully

Then a scribble as a signature, but with no printed name

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

Oh well, another email to send off too the FCA, as this one clearly breaks their guidelines ;)

That was a quick response to my email from the FCA

They have clearly taken note of my previous email as well.

Dear Pete

Thank you for your email earlier today, in response to my email dated 10 October 2014.

I can confirm that as with your previous email, this email will be passed to the relevant area within the FCA. As outlined, legal restrictions prevent us from disclosing details of any potential investigation to take place. However, these comments will be noted accordingly.

I trust this email is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

I did also point out the many different names these people use, and funny how they use the same CLN

Edited by InfoGeek

• 4 months later...

I've had two phising letters, one for Sept 2014 from absolute direct, and one in Oct 2014 from the winged messenger, of course, these are just two of the many names this company uses, they have many others. I have not responded to either, there's just no need.

First off, if, and a BIG IF, I have any debts from the past, they would be well over 10 years old, and therefore SB

Yesterday my wife recieved a so-called letter from sainsburys bank (see attached doc)

asking for arrears of a paltry sum (less than £10) so clearly a con just to get her to call

The fools dont know, that she has never had a sainsburys account, so clearly a phising trip to get her to provide and confirm my details

At the bottom of the letter you will see:

H Singh - director collections & recoveries

If you do a google search, the first thing that comes up, is the same type of letter used by robinson way to other people

IMO, this is clearly fraud and or deception, added to that, is that it would appear that 'the winged messenger' has passed/sold on any old debt to robinson way, which is clearly another breach of practice, as they did not inform me beforehand (how could they, I've never responded or confirm my details)

I can't confirm that this is robinson way, as no there will be no response to this latest letter

So what's the next step, as this clearly needs to be acted upon, and taken way up the ladder, and get these people reported

Edited by InfoGeek

Hi

can you convert the image to a pdf file as it is waaay too small to read properly

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Global Debt Recovery [winged messenger] and Absolute Locate aint bothered if a debt is SB, they said they will get the money one way or another.

if they have it its a lemon.

ignore them totally

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send it to the FCA :)

*IF* it is nothing to do with sainsburys bank, surely they should know that someone is attempting to get money in their name.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

old and new threads merged for history

dx

and they

• 5 months later...

I received a letter from GDR trace this morning & found this thread as a result.

I have made no attempt to contact them,

but my letter is identical to the ones listed above,

with no mention of them being involved in debt recovery.

I phoned the FCA & GDR Trace have a lapsed registration, so should not now be involved in debt recovery work.

And this despite GDR saying they work closely with the FCA on their website.

Their website also prominently features the ICO (Information Commissioners) logo &

on the FCA's advice I contacted the ICO to check if they were using the logo legally & they were not.

They are still registered with the ICO, but are not using the logo legally.

So this has been passed onto the ICO's relevant department.

The ICO has also requested I sent them details of the letter I received

& my conversation with the FCA so they can look at if GDR is in breech of data law in the way they operate.

Nice :)

Please keep us informed :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

Plonkers !!

My first letter was back in Oct 2014 from absolute locate

Then a second about 4 months later from Global debt recovery

Now, 5 Sept 2015 have just recieved yet another letter addressed to me from GDR Trace

"I am instructed to contact you as I beleive you may be the person out client wished to make contact with. Out trace team have made enquiries and have advised that your details have changed to the above address

Please contact us by either phone or text ect, and we will be pleased to verify our reasons for writing to you"

As usual no mention of WHY

Love this bit "we will be pleased to verify our reasons for writing to you"

On your bike sunshine ;)

Same people, with a new name, idiots

Oh well, filed under "ignore"