cap1 & freds

orlauk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please tell us the story and we can decide whether to pop your thread in the Capital One forum or the Debt Collection forum.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

im on payment plans with many of my creditors.

in january capital one requested income and expenditure sheet plus wage slips and bank statements.

i submitted i and ex plus only one wage slip as i was uncomfortable about sending these through the post plus they are personal to me.

i paid ten pounds per month which they accepted.

this payment plan came up for renewal in october.

i sent income and expenditure but no wage slips or bank statements and

i upped my payments to 15 pounds per month.

they have rejected this amount and want me to pay 23 pound per month which i cannot afford.

they are now asking me for another income and expenditure sheet to be filled in

so they can review it again even though its only 6 week since i last filled one in.

when i ring them all i get told is you should set yourself up on a cccs debt management plan.

i have sought help from national debtline and if i take cap1s advice they may even get less than 15 pound per month

Hi

I've moved you to the debt self-help forum as you seem to be doing this rather well :-)

I've also changed the thread title to reflect the problem better.

You seem to be on top of things regarding the I&E and can look after this aspect yourself. There is no requirement to send an I&E although some people do so to back up their argument. Certainly don't send them bank statements or wage slips again.

Basically you tell them what you you can afford and you stick to the payments. They cannot have what you haven't got. So carry on paying them regularly an amount that you can afford.

Knowing Cap One I bet there are heaps of charges on there for late payment, going over your limit etc which you can claim back. Have you got all of the statements?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Ok complete this spreadsheet.

CISheet v101.xls

Enter each of the charges giving the date, description and amount. Change the interest rate to the rate they were charging you on the card. If it varied over time, use the average of the rate they were charging.

The spreadsheet will give you a total of the charges and the interest which you will be claiming back.

Please let us know what figure the spreadsheet comes up with.

When you have done that you will need to send a print of the spreadsheet to Cap One together with a preliminary letter of claim. You can use the on in post #31 here as a template and amend it to suit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-Charges-older-than-6-years-***WON***-Compound-Int-t-and-**NO-SET-OFF**

Are you prepared to go to court to get these charges back? Capital One are not known for giving in easily.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 1 year later...

could anyone please tell me whats going off here?

i had capital one debt of two thousand pounds..

suffered a family bereavement and could only afford to pay them 15 per month.

they set me on a repayment plan which i paid for five years.

got into dispute with them cos i wouldnt send them my wage slips or bank account statements.

they sent it to fredricksons whom i paid for 18 months on a repayment plan.

that was closed down and the account sent back to capital one.

then i got notice that the account had been sent to cougar.

paid them for three months then they close the account down again

and sent it back to capital one.

diidnt hear from then for about six months when outa the blue i got a letter from lowell

saying they were dealing with the account.

made a payment and sent an income and expenditure form to them

when i get a letter saying the account had been closed

and was being sent back to capital one.

whats going on here.

simple answer

I think you are being had.

have you ever sent a CCA request for this debt?

did you ever get those charges back?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...