1st Credit/MAllard chasing old Motor vehicle finance problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I took out vehicle finance back in 2005 with Mallard for £2000 . last payment due Nov 07.

This was at a previous address and until recently , believed this to paid and gone several years ago.

A few weeks ago I got a letter through the door (new address) from this company stating I still owe over £200 .

I wrote back and said I didn't acknowledge this debt and pointed out this would statuate barred anyway as several years had passed.

They came back to me stating I had been paying £5 a month through 2009/10 through a third party called 1st credit.

( and produced a break down of all my payments from 2005)

I had a few debts at that time which I was using a debt management company to pay things of ,

I do recall £5 a month going out to 1st credit.

Looking further at the paperwork mallard have supplied

I have noticed they added fees of £224 on the very month the last payment was made .

And it seems this is what they are chasing , apparently its a fee for making a late payment or payments previously in the contract.

The other thing that confuses me is that the 1st credit payments dropped of the debt management plan so assume to be already paid.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

M