Delight Mobile / Vectone unauthorised auto topup from Debit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June this year i made an online top-up from the Delight Mobile website, this month July i noticed that my Debit card had been charged £10 for a top-up, i contacted Delight customer services to ask why this money had been taken without my consent, I was told that it was an auto top up and that if i never wanted auto top up i should have unchecked the box to prevent auto top up, i explained that this is not my 1st top up and i have never had to uncheck any box regarding auto top up, the reply i received was that Delight do not do refunds but the auto top up will be cancelled from next month (August) I again explained that i did not subscribe to auto top-up nor did i require the service in fact my phone had £10 credit left from June so why would i want to add £10 to it, again i received the same reply Delight do not give refunds.

Anyway after calling around 20 times and getting no response i sent them an e-mail which for the past week remains unanswered, i have written them a complaint through their complaints proceedure with a veiw of escalating it to CISAS.

My concern is that i am surely not the only customer of theirs that they have duped in this way and IMO there actions in obtaining funds from my account is border line Fraud.

Chargeback through your bank and get the bank to cancel the CPA and block all transactions to that company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have had the transaction returned by my bank i have also reported them to trading standards as they are in breach of Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 & may have committed a criminal offence under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Please report them to Trading Standards if you have been affected & help to stop their bad practices and be held to book

• 2 months later...

Just an update, i filed a complaint with CISAS and Delight made a settlement ahead of an arbitration hearing, so for anyone that as an issue like this file a complaint with the governing body that the service provider is registered with.