Kwik Fit, I must be really dumb!!

havinastella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took the car into Crawley Branch this afternoon, Front passenger tyre had a gouge in it and spare had a punture.

On the website it stated the arrowspeed was £45.00 fitted

I turned up without booking an appointment and asked them to check all my tyres, all within legal limit and he said they were fine, I HAD to point out the huge hole showing through to the metal. He then advised me I needed a new tyre and the spare fixed. (Awesome on his part as I had already told him that was what I wanted)

I asked how much this would be and was informed £151. Pointing out that the new trye was only £45, I enquired how fixing a puncture in the spare would cost £106, as I could have 3 new tyres for £135. The response was, I'm not in the trade and didn't know what I was doing.

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE look elsewhere when you require new tryes.

I was tyred and exhausted (sorry!) of kwik fit many years ago. They charged me nearly £200 extra for my tyres. I did have the full 5 replaced thinking they would be at the advertised price, but once job was done I had to pay their inflated price.

Perhaps they inflate their price as they are so used to inflating the tyres.

I complained to the manager who couldn't care less, also complained to head office on two occasions hoping to get my money back and was ignored.

So it seems that they haven't changed their ways.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Took the car into Crawley Branch this afternoon, Front passenger tyre had a gouge in it and spare had a punture.

On the website it stated the arrowspeed was £45.00 fitted

I turned up without booking an appointment and asked them to check all my tyres, all within legal limit and he said they were fine, I HAD to point out the huge hole showing through to the metal. He then advised me I needed a new tyre and the spare fixed. (Awesome on his part as I had already told him that was what I wanted)

I asked how much this would be and was informed £151. Pointing out that the new trye was only £45, I enquired how fixing a puncture in the spare would cost £106, as I could have 3 new tyres for £135. The response was, I'm not in the trade and didn't know what I was doing.

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE look elsewhere when you require new tryes.

Did you go elsewhere or let them continue ?

Did you go elsewhere or let them continue ?

After I had conducted the maths lesson, it was too late to go else where and I was getting car roadworthy for the boy to use on the Motorway.

Will never ever use again and will also advise others to steer clear.

I think you should change the subject heading havingastella, it's not you that is dumb, these seem to be planned, there are just too many complaints for it to be either accidental or a coincidence.

I had the very same issue on Tuesday with Kwik Fit, I had used them before for one of my other motors and all was fine and as expected.

Woke up Monday morning to a warning on the dash about my tire being flat. So promptly headed round to the garage to pump up. Same light again on Tuesday morning. Figured the tyre was punctured so looked around for prices. Kwik Fit being a stone throw away from my work I figured I would use them again so I could leave the car and head back to work.

Priced the tyre on their website as £244.50. A bit more expensive than another garage in Edinburgh by the name of Farmers Autocare who were quoting £221.00. Went along, they had a look and showed me a large screw through the tyre and let me know it needed replacing. Went back to the office and they then stated it would cost me £290.00? Questioned this as their website stated £244.50, boy had a look and said "I've found the £244.50, it has a different tread", I stated I was not fussed about the tread. He then said that we would just call it £250... Not having any of their crap, I went the extra couple of mile and headed to Farmers and got it done for the £221.00, exact same tread from Farmers as well!

Needless to say, I wont be back at Kwik Fit again...