Vodafone Default **Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Totally new to the group and in desperate need of some advice. I recently signed up to Experian and there is a default for Vodafone showing on the report. I was shocked as I have never had a mobile phone with Vodafone. After some investigation my son admitted to using my name to take out a contract without my permission or me even knowing. I contacted Experian and explained this to them and they raised a dispute. Vodafone refused to remove the default as they said the contract was mine and the default is correct. I then contacted Vodafone direct and explained it all to them. They know the bank account that the contract was paid from is not mine but still refuse to remove the default. My son has fully admitted that it was him. Is there anything I can do to get this default removed? I am stumped as to where I go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks,

Robert.

there is a vod rep Lee on cag if you want to try that, give him a nudge.

the contract cant be yours if you never signed it/agreed to it. if its re fraud, then it wld be void and n/a.

your son has admitted to vodafone? is your son willing to tell vodafone his 'misdemeanor', which may though end up with him in trouble?

wait see what others say.

• Haha 1

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi and welcome to CAG

Please follow the link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

and follow the instructions fully. make sure you post up the automated reply number you will (eventually) receive so that VF can reconcile this thread with the email sent.

As your son took out this account in your name, this is fraud and VF may want to treat it as such and he may get into some trouble over this.

Hopefully VF may offer a way out but it's a case of wait and see

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

How did you make contact with them - telephone or writing ?

See if Lee the VF rep can help but if not, then you should make a formal complaint in writing to their Head office. As a matter of interest, how old is your son ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As a matter of interestlink3.gif, how old is your son ?

If he were mine, he wouldn't see his next Birthday :x

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

In the initial stages, it is better to deal in writing as you then have a record of what is being said. Lee (of VF) does like to chat on the phone and he is a nice man so don't be fearful of him. He will follow up a phone call with an email if you ask him to and I recommend you do this.

Please keep the thread updated including any resolution to your case.

In the meantime, you can write to the Credit Reference Agencies and add a notice of correction next to the default. Creditors have to take this into account when making financial decisions.

bigt

if its deemed re fraud, then contract wld be void and n/a. (maybe one reason why they maybe trying to avoid the issue?). can a contract that doesnt exist as such be defaulted on?

IMO

:-):rant:

Thanks Lee, much appreciated. I don't have the account information for obvious reasons and I forgot to put the reference number experian gave me on the email. I don't know if you can add this its 682495226 . I hope this helps.

Edited by bigtweedy77

Just had the most fantastic news from Lee. Vodafone have looked into the issue again and decided they will lift the default. Lee has been absolutely fantastic and a huge thank you goes out to him. Also a massive thank you to the site team, without your guidance guys I would have been at a loss. Thanks for everything,

Robert.

Just had the most fantastic news from Lee. Vodafone have looked into the issue again and decided they will lift the default. Lee has been absolutely fantastic and a huge thank you goes out to him. Also a massive thank you to the site team, without your guidance guys I would have been at a loss. Thanks for everything,

Robert.

WOW!!!

I for one was not expecting this result. Well done to VF for seeing things in black and white. I will mark the thread resolved for you.