Non delivery of goods

alisonmcmorrin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Lay z Spa at the offer price on 23rd June and paid using debit card. I got an email verification stating they will contact me by 22nd July for delivery. I got a phone call from cuts services the next day (24th June) and delivery was arranged for 3rd July between 12-6.

I got a phone call on 30th June saying they had a supplier problem and item would not be delivered until 15th August! I explained this item. Was for the summer and August was not good. The lady said sales had exceeded stock and it was their supplier that was the problem and nothing she could do.

I phoned the next day and said I wasn't happy but was told the same. I stated they had breached the distance selling act but she was not interested. I used a copy of a letter on one of these forums and sent it to John Walden CEO of home ratio group (who deal with Argos and home base). He apparently read it and got a Joseph Dutton to reply to say that there was nothing they could do before 15th August and offered me a discount once item has been received.

My question (apart from breaking lots of breaches) is that Homebase (the same company head office as Argos and Home Retail Group) have this item in stock in store but at a higher price. Apparently they are not allowed to take stock from in store!? Even though it's the same supplier???

I just want my hot tub so I can use this in he summer months and not when the summer is over!?!

Any help would be appreciated x

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

Hi alison

Speak to Mr. Dutton see if he is willing to do the following, refund the cost of the hot - tub, also the difference Argos cost and Homebase cost. Then purchase it from Homebase. Remember you've been put to significate inconvienance and it's been stressful.

It is very unlikely Mr. Walden read your letter, but it helps them to say it, sounds good. The executive team read and respond.