DWP DSAR address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to locate the correct address to send a Data Subject Access Request to the DWP and I am not having much success.

I am after information from all departments from past 40years maybe so not sure how I would go about ensuring that the information covered every benefit etc.

Has anyone had success with this and if so, what timeframe did they go back to?

Was the information legible or are they like the banks in so much as provide some but not all?

Appreciate any assistance or addresses please.

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can send the form dx100uk posted to pretty much any DWP office - if you're currently in receipt of any benefit or pension then I'd send it to the office that pays it. The DWP does not charge the statutory £10 fee for a SAR.

I've never heard of then intentionally withholding data but I'd be surprised if there's data going back 40 years for most benefits. Because of the DPA, the DWP is obliged to stop holding data about you when it no longer has a valid business reason to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you both for your input.

"Because of the DPA, the DWP is obliged to stop holding data about you when it no longer has a valid business reason to do so".

I'm not sure how long that is likely to be then because it appears they think someone has been overpaid some 12-15 years ago (maybe longer) and they have only just bought it to their attention :(

How on earth is anyone expected to defend something like that?

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

If they are claiming that there's been an overpayment then they must have some documentation to support the assertion. Certainly, an alleged overpayment is a valid business reason to keep the paperwork/computer files.

Does the person in question believe that the overpayment decision is wrong? If so, he or she should consider an appeal, bearing in mind that there are time limits for such things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If they are claiming that there's been an overpayment then they must have some documentation to support the assertion. Certainly, an alleged overpayment is a valid business reason to keep the paperwork/computer files. How would they know that there would be an 'overpayment' to hold the paperwork/computer records? Sounds to me like they keep everything 'incase'......associated with their national insurance number.

Does the person in question believe that the overpayment decision is wrong? If so, he or she should consider an appeal, bearing in mind that there are time limits for such things.

They have no idea if the DWP are right or wrong after the time which has elapsed, hence they asking how to send a DSAR and whereto.

Apparently, paperwork has arrived asking them to clarify if they were working at a named workplace on such and such a date and if so, their benefit would not have been payable the week after. They have given them less than 14 days to respond :(

Sounds to me like a phishing expedition but the stress this is likely to cause is going to be huge. Is it not a case that they should be proving whether or not someone was working, rather than a person proves they weren't? Could it not be someone using their N.I number?