Global Work & Travel - Refund of Deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

Hopeful somebody could offer assistance....

A "Friend" of mine has decided she wants to follow her dream of travelling and working abroad, only issue with this is... she's now changed her mind, unfortunately she has paid the aforementioned company £1000 for the privilege :!:

The company offer a service of sorting out the paperwork and guaranteeing a job on her arrival in Australia, again she has looked into the company AFTER signing a contract and paying out money, seen that the reviews arent so wonderful and is struggling to make a claim for a refund.

The website states (section 19 on the FAQ Section) that "We understand that unexpected things may happen! Therefore we offer you a lot of flexibility. However, the actual deposits are non-refundable. If you find yourself suddenly unable to travel, we are able to change your dates and you can keep your deposit as a credit for 10 years!" They have advised her that they will only pay back £325?!?!

Anybody advise?!? Obviously she understands she'll lose her paid deposit "£275" but to only offer her £325 is £350 less than she should get back....

Regards

don't think they can do that....

how did she pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

for what reason will the bank not help?

when did she sign up with them

when did she first indicate she wanted to cancel?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Bank wont help because - "she doesn't have a valid reason" (I can see where shes coming from though, the reviews aren't too complimentary)

She signed up on the 10th June and paid her deposit - £295.... last payment of £690 taken on the 17th June.

She decided against the idea on Wednesday and made contact, told them it was due to personal reasons.

Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one to me...... initially she made contact via telephone, I have advised her ALL correspondence is to be done via email or letter, she sent an email yesterday to confirm the cancellation so she had it in writing.

She has just sent me a copy of the "Service Agreement" which states....

7 - Should I cancel MY participation in the ‘Get It All’ program more than 28 days prior to MY arrival, a cancellation fee of £670 applies and I can only apply for a refund of £325 in the form of a Travel Credit from GWAT. Should I cancel MY participation in the ‘Get A Lot’ program more than 28 days prior to MY arrival, a cancellation fee of £495 applies and I can only apply for a refund of £300 in the form of a Travel Credit from GWAT. Should I cancel MY participation in the ‘Get Started’ program, the cancellation fee is 100% of the program cost. Should I cancel MY participation in any program after receiving a job opportunity, or within 28 days of arrival, a cancellation fee of 100% of the program cost applies. All other payments made to GWAT over and above the listed program cost, such as airfares and travel insurance, can only be transferred into a Travel Credit to be used towards other travel products and services offered by GWAT, subject to applicable cancellation fees at time of cancelling.

if she cancelled within 14 days

which to me she did .....poss?

signed 10th - cancelled weds 25th ?

the new EU rules apply poss.

they cant wriggle out of it.

dx

and they

Is it 14 "Working" days though?!

Poor girl.... and more annoyingly, how the hell can these folks refuse to pay back a grand for doing NOTHING.... she hasnt even filled in any forms, just signed a contract.

Maybe a call to trading standards to see if they can offer anything?