EDF, slow to act on complaint ** RESOLVED and compensation **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with EDF for a very long time and have never had any problems with them, until now. In fact they have been extremely helpful in the past and have saved me quite a bit.

When I moved to this address just over a year ago, the property had prepayment meters fitted which I found that method to be quite expensive. so opted to have a regular meters put in. They said as I am a good customer and had paid my bills in the past they would allow for them to be changed, so I arranged them both to be changed on the same day. Brilliant I thought, I prefer to pay my bills monthly, but I would wait until I got my first bills so to work out how much roughly I needed to pay.

Got my electricity bill no problems and had found that the bill was really cheap, much lower than expected, so was really happy with that.

Waited for the gas bill to come in, thinking it would be a few days later, but nothing, waited a few more weeks and still nothing. Then I get an email from them stating that they are waiting for the previous supplier to contact them with the end reading of the prepayment meter:?:

Odd as it was them who were the previous supplier. The email went on to say that I didnt need to do anything and that they would be in touch.

After the 3rd same email I decided to contact them as I was starting to worry that my bill (winter) was starting to get high and wanted to pay it. This was just over 4 weeks ago about mid May.

First off they informed me that I was on a prepayment meter and that I had no bill to pay, it took a lot of convincing that my prepayment meter had been changed in January.

Once they had established that I was telling the truth, they gave me a new account number and placed a complaint for me, basically stating that I wasnt happy with this delay and that they would get everything updated. I asked if I could pay off some off the gas bill or at least start making a payment so that when it was sorted I wouldnt be left with such a big bill. I was told I couldnt, if I paid it would come off of my electric bill which has the same account number. I had to wait until things were updated. I just left it at that hoping I would get something sorted and soon

Last week, low and behold I get another gas bill with the old account number stating that I still had a prepayment meter and the account was zero balance. :!:

Im like :doh: So I go in touch again and got the exact same thing as before, only this time I was told that my complaint had been escalated but nothing had been done, at all!

Where my complaint had been escalated to is beyond me, seemed that it was beyond the advisor that I was in contact with as well.

So Im left in limbo, I cant make any payments off this bill and I am non the wiser where my account has gone, it seems like its entered the cosmos somewhere and disappeared.

Where do i go now? no one seems to know where my account is. i was also told over 4 weeks ago that some one would come out to check on the meter, but so far no one has.

Its just getting silly now. :( and a little worrying about my bill and what it will be when they do finally sort it.

That sounds like a crazy mess your in! You are as you say stuck in limbo.

With probably a big Gas bill in your future.

So as your getting absolutely no where with this how about writing to;

Mr Vincent de Rivaz

Chief Executive

vincent.derivaz@edfenergy.com

020 7242 9050

Website http://www.edfenergy.com

I hope it helps & that you get this situation sorted out to your satisfaction.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

That sounds like a crazy mess your in! You are as you say stuck in limbo.

With probably a big Gas bill in your future.

So as your getting absolutely no where with this how about writing to;

Mr Vincent de Rivaz

Chief Executive

vincent.derivaz@edfenergy.com

020 7242 9050

Website http://www.edfenergy.com

I hope it helps & that you get this situation sorted out to your satisfaction.

Thank you for this :)

I gave them a ring this afternoon to see if they had made any progress, but surprise surprise, nothing. I was told someone from the complaints dept would call me back, they have until friday, then I will send off an email to the CEO, not that he will read it, but its worth a shot.

You are very welcome indeed!

It sounds to me that you are being given the CS complaints dance. Its where you are wasting your time on making calls & chasing it up, but no one wants to take responsibility & passes the buck onto a nameless person whose going to call you back.... yer right!!

So do get onto the CEO & state what all the issues are, what resolution you are seeking & whilst being polite, be very firm & clear that you are not going to let this matter go until it is fully resolved to your satisfaction.

I myself too in the past, have done the CS complaints dance & gotten no where. You end up feeling so frustrated & peed off, as your doing your best to sort out whatever is the issue & no one at the other end of a phone call/letter/email gives a fig about what your situation is or isn't & if it's not an easy fix, then on goes the dance!!

And your picking up the tab esp if it's an extortionate 0845/0870 etc number!!

I also do agree with you, that maybe the CEO will not read your complaint, but someone in his office will do (although you may have to give them a nudge or 2 to remind them your still waiting). I've had my best results by going straight to the CEO on quite a few occasions.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

Just keeping you updated.

I am still getting summaries saying that I am on a prepayment meter.

Ive called EDF again about this and they say my complaint is still with the complaints department, but I was told that they would call me in 24 hours, surprise surprise Im still waiting and that was last week.

I have written to the CEO, but Im now tired of waiting, its been more than 8 weeks since I raised this complaint, so I have now involved the energy Ombudsman.

Watch this space. :)

Just keeping you updated.

I am still getting summaries saying that I am on a prepayment meter.

Ive called EDF again about this and they say my complaint is still with the complaints department, but I was told that they would call me in 24 hours, surprise surprise Im still waiting and that was last week.

I have written to the CEO, but Im now tired of waiting, its been more than 8 weeks since I raised this complaint, so I have now involved the energy Ombudsman.

Watch this space. :)

Blimey, your still doing the "CS dance for passing the buck" I see!

It's clear now, you are not going to get the responses you should of had by now. As 8 weeks is way more than enough time for EDF to pull their finger out!!

Hopefully now that you have involved the Energy Ombudsman they can "kick some EDF butt" into action.

Keep at it seanamarts, I'll be watching "this space" hopefully it's good news for you!!

***UPDATE****

Ive had a phone call from the CEO office this afternoon.

They have taken all that has been written and are very sorry that a huge mistake has been made. My account is now being personally handled by the CEO department and they are talking about compensation because this has been entirely their fault.

They have requested that I placed the Ombudsman on hold so that they can rectify matters to my satisfaction, which I said I will do.

They have told me that they are going to generate a bill and that they will give me a longer time frame to pay it off if needed.

They are going to call me again tomorrow to let me know how they have moved forward with this.

Thanks guys for all your help and comments. Will let you know the outcome. :)

Just giving an update here and its good news :)

The ceo's office have kept in touch with what they have been doing and have worked incredibly quick.

A bill has now been generated and am pleased to say its all now been finalised.

I have been given £100.00 compensation, which will be coming off my bill and have been given the chance to pay the bill over an 18 month period, which will get paid sooner of course. but the offer was there.

Just want to thank you guys for your support in this and of course the information given, its fully appreciated.

:)

Thread title amended to show resolution.

You must be very relieved that this is now done and dusted :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes very relieved, I was dreading such a huge bill when it was finally done, if it was ever going to be done.

The bill has been reduced to a very fair figure which can now be paid without worry.

Thanks for changing the title :thumb:

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been in dispute with my energy supplier EDF who I regard as the worst company I have ever dealt with -

They overcharged me by not putting me on the correct tariff or should I say by ending my tariff without telling me and putting me on the highest rates for energy supply without my consent or knowledge. They deadlock things willy nilly and refused to discuss things properly and deadlock cases all the time using the ombudsman - who are also useless and bias - as some sort of get out of jail card.

I did not give in or give up and eventually refused to pay my bills and racked up a heavy debt - finally two years later - no thanks to that bias Ombudsman - they admit they have been overcharging me and agree to backdate

500 pond overcharged at least to be knocked off now. Might be in debt - but proved myself right eventually - I could now take the matter further for compensation for all the bother and hassle through the court system but I want rid of this God awful company.

Do yourself a favour - avoid them - saying that - energy companies are all the same.

Did you get in touch with the CEO office. I found that once I got through to them they bent over backwards to help.

Yes I did exactly that - still not finished yet but they caved in and admitted they had over charged me for two years -

They are cheeky really saying they will give me a 'good will gesture' and repay it.

They overcharged me and then say repaying it is good will??

urrrr make me soooo annoyed...

Yes I did exactly that - still not finished yet but they caved in and admitted they had over charged me for two years -

They are cheeky really saying they will give me a 'good will gesture' and repay it.

They overcharged me and then say repaying it is good will??

urrrr make me soooo annoyed...

I hope they give you what they owe and then some, good luck :thumb:

Well done & congrats Seanamarts, on getting this awful situation finally sorted!!

I'm glad to see that the CEO office does in fact act on Complaints, in a very quick manner too!

That's a great result, esp the £100 compensation & time to pay the bill.

Well done indeed...

@1blonde just follow the same advice given,that Seanamarts did by writing to the CEO office.

Be clear about what your issues are & what resolution you are seeking from them.

Hopefully you will be also reporting back with good news as well.

Good luck...