Kwikfit Air Con question?

JoeyJoeC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my air con refilled by them for £50. It's not particularly cold, but I understand it can be due to the car.

Are they suppose to replace the pollen filter? I assumed it was a part of the service,

but they didn't replace it and it smells like old sweat when it's running.

was it a service or a refill you paidfor?

refills are usually £50 around here

service is 370-£100

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Refill.

Looks like the pollen filter is extra, but they are suppose to flush the system, and do something to get rid of the smell. I have no way to prove if this was done or not.

Your cure is:

New pollen filter. About £20 from the dealer for me recently and I fitted it. But that won't get rid of the smell.

The smell is being caused by bacteria and mould in the aircon system. This builds up, especially if you don't use it regularly throughout the year. A can of this should solve that problem for £12 from Halfords.

Sorry Connif, but I have to disagree. The passenger side of the system is open loop and contains the vents where the bacteria build up. Hence the link for the cleaning stuff.

It does work with smelly aircon too.

It's a closed system just like your fridge and central heating at home. No smell will be coming from the ac unit.

http://www.kwik-fit.com/about-air-conditioning.asp

Within an hour the whole recharge process is completed. The process can also include a system de-bug to clear bacterial build up from within the system, which will remove any unpleasant odours.

Ah, Didn't see the "Can also include"...

Sorry Connif, but I have to disagree. The passenger side of the system is open loop and contains the vents where the bacteria build up. Hence the link for the cleaning stuff.

It does work with smelly aircon too.

We are talking at cross purposes here.

The AC system itself is a closed loop where the refrigerant circulates.

The part that take the hot air from the car is the evaporator and that is the bit that gets a build up of fungus and bacteria and can smell like a damp dog.

The word 'flush' is a play on terminology and is used by some as it sounds better and more expensive to a customer.

The normal way of killing the bacteria and removing the fungus is by a smoke bomb that is let off in the closed car with the air con running in recirc.

So you will get a top up for around £50 or a service for around £100.