Bailiffs Powers if access to property is denied while chasing CT?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been fighting with Chandlers about oustanding CTAX that is owed,

We have never granted them access to the property

but now a Bailiff is claiming he is getting a warrant to force entry on monday to remove goods,

can he do this or is this just scare mongering?

Have spoke to Bexley council and

they have said once its handed to bailiffs there is nothing they can do despite the fact we never received any warnings our account was in arrears,

the first we knew we had Bailiffs at the door,

and they have refused any sort of payment other than full payment,

Any advise would be appreciated

Regards

Kieron

AFAIK in my limited knowledge they will have to obtain a separate type of warrant to force entry yes.

As for the council you need to get onto your local MP for their failure to take responsibility for this, if that doesn't make them sit up

and take the account back off the bailiffs, which they CAN do, then escalate your complaint to the local government ombudsman (LGO)

I am guessing you spoke to them over the phone? Or you spoke to someone who doesn't know what day of the week it is let alone council policy.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Here you go, click on the link, enter your post code and email your MP,

https://www.writetothem.com/?keyword=write%2520to%2520mp&creativeid=51480076983&gclid=CLTGn7PQ_L4CFcoBwwodhK0Akg

Agreed, councils are a law unto themselves, and the phone jockey you spoke to is as clueless as they are helpful.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the link, have sent message to my local MP's, I thought that Bailiffs had to have made a list of goods to then be able to force entry to recover those goods, no car, just a motorbike but will be moving to a friends garage hopefully for tonight

The bailiff is full of it

There will be no warrant to force entry

For that to happen for council tax it needs to go back to court

The council will need to agree to it

They will have to write to you giving you a date and a time when they will attend

They would only force entry if on that given time you failed to let them in

Also I think they would of needed a previous levy for above to happen

When / if the bailiff returns you can simply wave to him through the window knowing he is a big bully that talks dribble

Deal in writing with the council

Keep car off drive as bailiffs will have it

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I hate bailiffs, Thank you, i thought i was right but i've read so much literature online about Bailiffs and what they can and can't do and its so vague or contradictory that i didn't know if i was aurthur or martha, much appreciated

following questions for Council

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

• Haha 1

I have been fighting with Chandlers about outstanding CTAX that is owed,

We have never granted them access to the property but now a Bailiff is claiming he is getting a warrant to force entry on Monday to remove goods,

Have spoke to Bexley council and they have said once its handed to bailiffs there is nothing they can do despite the fact we never received any warnings our account was in arrears,

Firstly, was the 'threat' of forced entry made by phone or by letter?

The 'advice' from Bexley is utterly awful and is WRONG.

Last month I was fortunate to attend a Conference in Leicester where a very senior member of the Local Government Ombudsman's office gave an EXCELLENT speech to the many local authority (and enforcement company) representatives who were present:

"You can outsource the service but you cannot outsource the responsibility. As agents you are responsible"

The EA (bailiff) is acting on behalf of the council. It is wrong for them to wash their hands of the EA's action.

Also, its Ctax and there is no warrant procedure available to force entry unless goods have been moved there to avoid control being taken of them. Although Schedule 12 is very confusing!

Not sure if contacting MP is useful. Far better to lodge a complaint. I know the LGO are waiting for this type of refusal to be escalated up to them.

Edited by bazm