Various Employee issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok hope i can get some advice here as the situation with my wifes employer, just doesn't seem right.

Basically she started a job clening rooms in a hotel back in April. She is gets 3.15 per room and is given 30 mins to clean a room, so 6.30 per hour. Now this works out as less than miniumum wage, I know its only a penny but this is what got my alarm bells ringing.

She has only committed to work Saturday and Sundays, but has made herself available during the week if she is free. She has been given no contract and no terms and conditions. If there is one complaint about the cleanliness of a room, then that room is deducted from the wage without notification. They are often asked to do things other than clean rooms, but as they a only paid a room rate and not an hourly rate, these extras are unpaid.

They have told her she not entitled to any sick or holiday pay, and there is no extra pay for working bank holidays etc.

There are other points which i will ask her about, but from what i have written, surely something isn't right?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm assuming she isn't a teenager with a different minimum wage.

No, of course this isn't right. Are they trying to say she is self employed by any chance?

If she rocks the boat she may well find herself dismissed, however, so the first question is whether you could cope financially if that happened?

You may find the pay and works helpline of use

https://www.gov.uk/pay-and-work-rights-helpline

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No she is in her 30's, and no problem financially if she get sacked, but this is a matter of principle that i believe has been going on a while and anybody that questions it, get sacked. They sacked someone today for phoning in sick!

I trying to find out if they can be reported and be investigated by the authorities, to ensure they are all above board, without any repercusions?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Nothing in life is without repercussions....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!