NtO issued after failed payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Don't know if there is anything I can do about this but basically I attempted to pay the Penalty Charge after I got issued with a PCN recently. I was surprised to receive a NtO from the LA as I thought I had paid it. When I checked back through my computer's history I could see that I had visited the LA website and gone to the payment portal and tried to process the payment but it must have failed.

I realise that I should have checked to see if the payment went through but I was hoping that if I could demonstrate that there was a genuine error on my part, someone might be minded to allow me to pay at the discounted rate instead of having to pay the full amount now due since the NtO has been issued.

I tried emailing the LA parking appeals department, with a screenshot of my history page but I haven't received a reply...am I barking up the wrong tree, or should I just hold my hands up and pay the full amount?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

H

You can respond to the Notice to Owner with a letter and proof of the attempted payment, and ask if they will please reinstate the discount. They may agree, but I would make sure you exaplain fully and offer proof. Not sure if the screenshot of your history page proves much, but if that's the best you can obtain, then there's not much more you can do. You might just want to call them and check that they've got your email and attachment, and are considering it still.

Do you recall what happened on the day you tried to make payment? Was there an error message? Did you get past the payment screen and onto another screen? Does the NTO ask for the full amount, or has it already deducted a prior payment?