Online payment done to fake website

jaya jain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys!!

last night, I did shopping from a fake MK website, the website was so realistic that i caught by the big discounts they were offering.

I made a payment for 53 pounds by my visa debit card, but i did not receive any email for the confirmation, post that i checked my account but it was not deducted from my account.

Today, i called LLYODS bank and checked the status of the transaction, according to them the money is out of my account but it is not been accepted by the fake company so the money is in middle somewhere.

When i asked the bank to take the action, they said till the time company does not accept the payment we can not do anything as they dont have any details, post that we can try to ask for refund.

My question is in this case is there is any possibility for me to claim the money back. Bank said let us know as soon as your statement shows its deducted.

Kindly suggest

Hi jaya jain

If it's a fake website, contact Action Fraud, get a Crime Reference Number. Once you get a reference number, write to Lloyds explaining the situation and that you seek a refund. Include the Crime Reference Number. Keep a copy, send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

If the transaction goes through. You can do a Chargeback as you paid with Visa Debit.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Thread moved to correct forum.