kurio and john lewis won't help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased a kurio 4s on March 20 2014 for 9 year olds birthday on 1st April.

A few weeks of owning and a crack has appared in screen, not on outside of glass but inside it has not been dropped or smashed against a table etc.

Contacted kurio say screen is out of warrently and to fix is same price as buying a new one, so returned to John Lewis to see if could help but again no it accidental damage we not intrested.

I'm annoyed as it has not been dropped etc and I stated and showed them screen was cracked inside which if dropped would be on outside too or at least a scratch but nope none of them will help

Send them the template in post '5'. As you can see from the paragraph below, what they are saying doesn't add up.

'Time limit There is a time limit on chargeback claims - typically 120 days - which starts from the day you become aware of a problem. There is also an overall cut off point of 540 days for Visa chargeback. Therefore, your deadline for requesting a chargeback is 120 days from discovering you have a problem, or 540 days from the transaction date, whichever comes first.'

Halifax visa debit say there policy is if no fault on purchase not there problem it down to kurio or Lewis to replace or refund

I quoted it but they say at end if day u purchased tablet on 20 March and should have checked then, I stated did so but was not given to my son till April 1then 2 weeks after owning it a. Crack on led screen they still say that my problem

• 2 months later...

ok I've done everything i can to get bak to refund the money but they say john lewis are responsible and that it not there problem, I've quoted everything to them but the bank still say no, I've asked they send it by writing

john lewis are normally very good.

you appear to be getting rail roaded down the warranty route

its nowt to do with any warranty.!!

its a SOGA claim against JL

as the item is under 6mts old

its for them to investigate the fault

and refund/repair or replace.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...