Online Scam - Software developer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

I got in contact with a software developer,

he agreed to write some software for me,

I paid him in instalments total of £277.

The software was never delivered to myself he took the money and ran.

I paid him via bank transfer.

I am planning a small claims court but it turns out he is 16 and from the UK.

I would like to know who is responsible for the the money owed,

Would it be him or his parents

(I have located his address and parents names) that I sent the initial small claims forms to ?

Why would you pay via bank transfer? In any case, you could go to the bank and request the name etc of the bank, or get a sol to do it. Then Contact him that way. However, you wouldnt be able to bring a claim against him, youd probably have to take actual action against him as it is fraud.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

What action do you suggest, I have found email addresses for his parents, would it be worth dropping them an email to inform them on the situation and seeing what happens from that ?

Could do, but they wouldnt be liable for it at all. if it was me, i would contact actionfraud, and then see if the bank can reverse the transfer. Provide them with as much evidence as possible to persuade them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D