HSBC Bank Switch to Halifax

gazhodge1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Need some advice please.

I have just switched my bank account from HSBC to Halifax using the 7 day bank account switch which is backed by the government.

On the final day of the switch my car insurance went out of my old hsbc account and not the Halifax account like it should have. After taking to halifax and elephant i was told that if it wasnt taken when it should have been then they will just replay and do it 7 days later. I didn't think nothing more of it, account moved and Hsbc closed.

I got a letter on 24th March from hsbc £68.68 had been taken out of the account and that it needed paying. So on the 26th March i rang them up, paid it and was told my account would now be closed. I got a statement today out of the blue showing that hsbc have added £25.10 in charges to the account, so i rang them explained everything and they have point blank refused to close the account and will not remove the Charge that they have put on.

Can anyone advise me on what the best course of action would be please,

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)

This seems like Elephants fault for not actioning the Direct Debit switch request properly.

HSBC are within their right to charge you for any overdraft usage and for any other fees associated with the direct debit payment.

But you are covered by the Current Account Switching Guarantee. This means that if anything goes wrong during the switching process, Halifax will pay you for any charges associated with the error. You just need to contact them - assumedly you already have a number for Halifax's switching team.