Andrew James Enforcing at Wrong address for PCN advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Andrew James are enforcing for a parking ticket which was from March 2013. The car was sold not long after, and I also moved address.

Andrew James state they have sent letters and made visits to the former address to get the ticket paid for.

For some reason they have now identified one of my gf's work premises as my home and are enforcing the debt there threatening to remove goods for auction...

I have nothing to do with either her business, nor the address in question. Also the car was never registered to the business or the address they are enforcing.

I do not dispute owing £112 for the parking ticket, however the £340 of charges Andrew James have added by sending letters and bailiffs to addresses where I have not been present seems unfair.

I have spoken to Andrew James and was told - Pay up or they will continue to enforce my gf's business....

I spoke to the Director of Transport at the local authority who has said he cannot do anything at all for me and suggested I pay the charges.

Could someone please let me know their thoughts regarding this matter? I have tried the citizens advice on numerous occasions but can never seem to get through to them.

Thanks

I think they are telling you porkie pies to put the pressure on you to pay up.

They can't take stuff that is not yours and they know it. They just hope you do not.

A Bailiff expert will help you soon but in my limited experience I have heard things like this before and it's always lies to get you to pay up.

My 2 main queries are

Can they take things from gf's shop - they say I need to prove goods aren't mine...

Can they add £340 of charges for visiting the wrong address?

They cannot enforce against third party goods,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Is it my job to prove they aren't my goods? And can they enforce against an address that has no ties to me at all?

Your GF may be better swearing a Stat Dec and sending copies to the council and the bailiff, I

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is a simple matter where you need to file and Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. You need to call the Traffic Enforcement Centre this morning and they will send the necessary form to you by email. When you get through to TEC ignore the 'prompts' on the phone and wait to speak with an operator. It is vitally important that you ask the operator to CONFIRM the date on which they gave authority to the council to issue a warrant.

You then need to ask for the address on the warrant. If this is your CURRENT address can you ask the operator for the date on which authority was given to re-issue the warrant.

Please post back once you have this information.

Once you have completed the OTT it will need to be sent to TEC by email and as long as it is sent by 4pm all enforcement should be on hold by midday tomorrow (there is a misconception that enforcement will cease by 4pm. This is not the case at all).

This is a simple matter where you need to file and Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. You need to call the Traffic Enforcement Centre this morning and they will send the necessary form to you by email. When you get through to TEC ignore the 'prompts' on the phone and wait to speak with an operator. It is vitally important that you ask the operator to CONFIRM the date on which they gave authority to the council to issue a warrant.

You then need to ask for the address on the warrant. If this is your CURRENT address can you ask the operator for the date on which authority was given to re-issue the warrant.

Please post back once you have this information.

Once you have completed the OTT it will need to be sent to TEC by email and as long as it is sent by 4pm all enforcement should be on hold by midday tomorrow (there is a misconception that enforcement will cease by 4pm. This is not the case at all).

Just to confirm - would this be the traffic enforcement section of my local authority?

Just to confirm - would this be the traffic enforcement section of my local authority?

It is the TEC at Northampton Bulk Clearing centre.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/traffic-enforcement-centre

Right I have just spoken to TEC - thanks for the advice about ignoring all prompts :)

Warrant was requested 4/2/2014 at my previous address which i vacated 09/2013

TEC said the only address they had was my previous address and they couldnt comment as to why the enforcement agents were enforcing at my gf's work address.

Waiting for out of time to arrive and then will send straight back

TEC said the only address they had was my previous address and they couldnt comment as to why the enforcement agents were enforcing at my gf's work address.

we could comment though....

Hi everyone. I have received this correspondance with regards to how charges have been made up - could this be confirmed as ok?

Thanks

Local Authority

Penalty charge notice 19/03/2013 £70.00

Charge certificate 05/07/2013 £35.00

TE3 & TE9 09/10/2013 £7.00

Total £112.00

Andrew James Enforcement

Warrant of Execution 04/02/2014 £112.00- address being confirmed for these charges

Letter of Instruction 06/02/2014 £13.44

Visit 17/02/2014 £41.66

Visit 20/02/2014 £53.09

Enforcement 11/04/2014 £235.00

Total £455.19

It is academic, if OOT successful, ticket should revert to the pre enforcement stage, and allow the ticket to be paid at the original rate or contested again. All fees should therfore be void and Andrew James out of the picture.

Do I see a post April 6th fee (£235) for enforcement which commenced before that date ?

Andrew James Enforcement

Warrant of Execution 04/02/2014 £112.00- address being confirmed for these charges

Letter of Instruction 06/02/2014 £13.44

Visit 17/02/2014 £41.66

Visit 20/02/2014 £53.09

Enforcement 11/04/2014 £235.00

Total £455.19

You do lamma, however, as there was no levy it may be that they class the previous visits as Compliance Stage, and therefore they will say they are entitled to apply the Enforcement fee. However if OOT accepted they can go swivel as the fees are nullified.