Lidl, Aldi- change brand challenge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did this and wish I had not.

Absolutely disgusting food. Threw the lot of it in the bin even after my pooch stuck her nose up at it.

Bland is certainly the word, everything was just tastless, cheddar cheese like rubber, weetabix type cereal like cardboard and bread that went off and crumbled in my hand just 12 hours after buying it!

I have to say, people who regularly shop here must have a palate like a cat's toilet tray if they put up with that muck.

Disgusting in the extreme, will never patronise either place ever again.

Money wasting more like!

Aldi have some really nice food. Just don't buy the own brand stuff. Buy the foreign name ones instead. Just as cheap but way better tasting.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

M&S not much more expensive? Are you for real? I couldnt afford to do a weeks shopping there! OK some own brand things are not that good but some are fine, tinned tomatoes are the same what ever label is on them, pasta is fine. I do find the fruit and veg are not as high a quality but I use my local market for them.

Aldi have some really nice food. Just don't buy the own brand stuff. Buy the foreign name ones instead. Just as cheap but way better tasting.

They are the same as other supermarkets. Obviously if you buy kelloggs, you know what you are buying, if you don't mind paying the price. Tesco sell their own brands, as well as other brands. It is trial and error.

Personally I prefer Lidl to Aldi, as I think some of the quality is better. If I buy fruit & veg in my local Lidl, it tends to last longer than Aldi. The standard bread range in my local Lidl is pretty good, but the bread baked in store is not good and cannot be compared to other major supermarkets.

Aldi British cheese range is pretty good, better than Lidl. But Lidl do some very good foreign cheeses.

The Lidl supermarkets in Spain are much better than the UK, with fresh fish counters and in store butchers. The range of food is also better. But in Spain the supermarkets food quality is generally better, but more expensive that the UK.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I switched from M&S to Lidl for 1 week. I won't do it again. M&S is not that much more expensive and you are paying for quality. It's worth the extra few quid.

If you read the reviews, M&S food often comes bottom of many reviews.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Obviously if you buy kelloggs, you know what you are buying, if you don't mind paying the price.

Lidl own brand cereal is not fortified where as Kelloggs and most other supermarket own brands is. It's a good example of you get what you pay for.

Though wonder I can't get into my Kelloggs, they've built a wall around it.:madgrin: 'fortified'

Lidl own brand cereal is not fortified where as Kelloggs and most other supermarket own brands is. It's a good example of you get what you pay for.

I will never do my main shopping in the big supermarkets again. Overpriced and not better quality. Of course if your stuck in your ways and only eat Heinz/Kelloggs etc, your not going to like anything else.

Which is why M&S is good. Very few major brands. Most of it is own brand top quality stuff.

Bought a stuffed ready to cook duck from aldi, much cheaper than m & s version and tastier. As for fortified brand cereals, mostly fortified with sugar. Nutrition a lists tested these branded cereals and concluded they weren't healthy and might as well eat the packaging.