Hoover Washing Machine

casper1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

i purchased a new Hoover washing Machine from a local independent electrical retailer in January this year

after only 8 weeks the machine broke down so

called Hoover who came and repaired it

now 2 weeks later it has broken down again and

seems to be the same fault,

i have now booked an engineer with hoover online as can never get through on phone.

1) So my question is have i done the right thing to let them come and repair it again.

2) If so and it breaks again what would be next step

3) As it is only 3 months old what rights do i have under the sale of goods act now i have let hoover try and fix it.

Kind Regards Casper

you need to let the retailer know this is happening

under SOGa repair is the right option.

though if it continues

the retailer might be encouraged to replace it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx i will inform them asap, but just to clarify if i allow Hoover reasonable chances to repair and the issue continues am i entitled to a refund or replacement by the retailer under the soga

Regards Casper

IMO if it is the same fault, plus it has broken down in only 8 weeks, then this should be deemed faulty from the start and a replacement would be in order.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Casper

How did you pay for it?

Your being to nice about it. You've in the process of having it fixed twice in three months. Was it actually new when you bought it.

Hi BB and rebel11

Thank you for your reply,

i am assuming it is the same fault as exactly the same thing has happened as last time

but only an engineer can confirm that but they cant come out until the 20th

yes the machine was brand new and was one of the latest models at a cost of £700 paid by a natwest visa debit card

if after the second repair it fails again would i have a good case to get the retailer to refund me or replace it

Regards Casper

Hi casper

Approach the retailer first, tell them you want a refund, tell them this is unacceptable. Also speak to your card provider, ask to do a Chargeback, explain that your wash machine has already been fixed once, the same fault has occurred again and you want a full refund. Best to get a different model. Don't be put off claiming a refund.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Send templates Recorded Delivery.

Hi BB and rebel11 Thank you for your reply, i am assuming it is the same fault as exactly the same thing has happened as last time but only an engineer can confirm that but they cant come out until the 20th

yes the machine was brand new and was one of the latest models at a cost of £700 paid by a natwest visa debit card

if after the second repair it fails again would i have a good case to get the retailer to refund me or replace it

Regards Casper