Virgin Media Forced Cancellation ****Resolved****

avaratz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend's family here.

They signed up for Virgin Media 6 months ago, knowing that they would be buying a house soon but referred to Virgin's Home Mover website which makes moving seem a breeze.

They were renting, but bought a house 2.5 miles away from their rented one.

When they informed Virgin they had moved, Virgin informed them that they (Virgin) were cancelling the contract as they offered no services in the new area, and that my girlfriend's family must pay the full cancellation charge of £240.

I did some reading up (on Broadband Choices) and found that Virgin usually offers their standard broadband service on a smaller contract, so they asked if this was possible, Virgin refused and said cancellation was the only option.

They didn't feel this was fair and so wrote a letter to their complaints department. A week later they have received no reply, just a bill for £240.

Is this fair? Is there anything they can do to argue/fight this?

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi avaratz

I would write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, why it's unfair (regardless of what it says in their T & C's) and what you want them to do about it. Tell them that you have been loyal customers. That you want to retain the service but it isn't available at your new address, the lack of availability at your new address is down to Virgin and is not down to you. Again Virgin are carrying out the cancellation and not you, If you read their T & C's, they don't look great. If there are any personal circumstances like, unemployment, disability, illness etc mention them in the letter.

Send it to:-

Mr Tom Mockridge

Chief Executive

Virgin Media

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk

Thank you so much - I emailed them this morning and they phoned me pretty much immediately and agreed to waive the fee - the guy I spoke to was very nice about it all.

Thanks again, you've saved my girlfriend's family a big chunk of money that they really couldn't afford right now!

Make sure you get confirmation of that in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...