Robinson way and no documents??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.. I'm after some advice if poss.. But first a bit of background info.. About 5 years ago me and me ex wife separated. While doing so I went through our finances and took over a payment she was making to HSBC through Robinson way...I didn't now much about it but said I'd take over it to help her financially (we parted very amicably and have children so wanted to help out as much as poss). Anyway I paid this for about 2 years til may 2012 at which point we were finalising the divorce and while going through my finances my solicitor at the time asked me what this was for. As I didn't really have much idea so I asked the ex for the original documents, but was told she had no records for it. So knowing that I'm legally entitled to them I wrote to Robinson way and requested them. After a stalling letter and then a further request from myself I received a letter a few months back saying.. And I quote

" we have been informed that we are curry unable to obtain a copy of the original agreement from the original creditor. Whilst this means that the debt is unenforceable through the courts, it does not mean the debt does not exist or that we are not entitled to pursue you for the sums outstanding. Please find enclosed a statement of the account showing previous payments made accepting liability of this account"

So I'm a little confused.. I explained in my original letter to them why I was requesting the documents and as they can't provide them I can't be totally sure I'm listed on the original documents. And also as they say it's unenforceable through the courts where do I go with this?? Since then I've received a letter asking me to continue paying.. And another one saying they are going to instruct a door step collector to come and arrange a payment plan. So as you can see I'm just a bit confused as to what to do next given the letter they sent me...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Theyve already admitted it is unenforceable so dont pay them a single penny. They are playing the morality trick on you. Basically " We know we cant make you legally pay for this, so we're going to try and guilt trip you into it".

Pity oft guidance says otherwise. Should they continue harassing, get the harassment letters off. basically theyre ****ed off you called their bluff and know they have never been able to legally collect, but they still want free money off you.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks.. See that's what I thought.. I've worked hard for the last 4ish years (working two jobs and all the hours of the week) to get myself to a point where I'm almost out of debt ( only 1cc to go). And im a little worried that after all that hard work and pure exhaustion.. Rw are gonna throw a spanner in the works and somehow throw me back into paying for a debt I'm not even sure what for or how I'm linked to.. Hence the reason for asking for the original documents. So your advice is to ignore the scavengers and fire off the harassment letter if I feel it's being to bothersome then.

Thread moved to Debt Collection Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Was this a joint account or did you just agree to pay RW instead of your ex doing so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well I wasnt really aware of it before the split.. She handled all the finances (which, yes I know is a little silly of me, but that's how we ran things. Lesson learnt) Apparently it was for a debt of somekind from HSBC going back well over 10 years.. Probably approaching nearer 15. And according to rw it was a joint debt. I decided to pay it as she had been, to help her out as I was more able than her at the time of the separation. And that's all I know..

Well I wasnt really aware of it before the split.. She handled all the finances (which, yes I know is a little silly of me, but that's how we ran things. Lesson learnt) Apparently it was for a debt of somekind from HSBC going back well over 10 years.. Probably approaching nearer 15. And according to rw it was a joint debt. I decided to pay it as she had been, to help her out as I was more able than her at the time of the separation. And that's all I know..

Really to late for a SAR to HSBC after all this time unfortunately.

When did RW last contact you?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ignore them, send the telephone harassment letter and the doorstep collector letter. They need to learn that you wont be paying so theyre wasting their time chasing you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Last letter I got was about 2 weeks ago saying that a door step collector would come round to sort out a payment plan.

SAR Subject Access Request made under The Data Protection Act 1998 used to obtain all personal data that the creditor holds on you and the account, (click on the link SAR)

What do you want to do?

1. Write and state that you are not sure that you are liable for the account and you will not consider any further payments until they provide unequivocal proof that you do have a liability. Also refuse any " doorstep" visits.?

2. Ignore, and keep receiving letters?

Go for it!! Let me know if you need help with a letter.

In the CAG library you will find letters for

Telephone Harrasment

Doorstep Visits

Prove it Letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?403-CAG-Library

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DCA's will use any trick in the book to get you to pay. Their entire industry is based around lying, threats and intimidation and hoping the debtor does not know their legal rights.