CPP Claim forms

batleyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok firstly I did look around for already existing advice. If it is already here I apologise, Its cos I am an idiot and not just lazy :-)

So the claim forms have started hitting welcome mats around the country. What is the conventional thinking regarding section B "Why you want to be considered for compensation" ? Should the choices spelt out in the letter be the only reasons quoted or do Caggers suggest additional arguments too?

• I was told I needed it for the fraud protection
    CPP and banks told customers one of the major benefits was fraud protection, which provided cover for fraud of up to £100,000. Yet banks have to cover fraud anyway, unless they can prove the customer was grossly negligent.
  • I tried to cancel but was forced to keep it
    If CPP said you had to keep the policy when you asked to cancel it, it's likely you've got a case for a reclaim.
    But there's a fine line between being forced to keep paying and CPP sales staff strongly encouraging you to keep it. It's far less likely the latter could be interpreted as mis-selling, unless high-pressure tactics were used.
  • The risk of ID fraud was overstated, scaring me into getting the product
    CPP staff overstated the risk of ID fraud pressuring customers into thinking ID protection was a product they needed.
  • CPP hiked the price and didn't tell me
    The price of CPP's protection products rose rapidly during the 2000s. Check your paperwork to see if this price rise was advertised to you at renewal time(s).
  • My policy auto-renewed and I didn't have time to cancel
    Once the policy was taken out, CPP would send a notice of renewal 14 days before the policy's anniversary. Often this just told you your policy was renewing, with no time to cancel, so you were charged for a full year.

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...