Opos/mini credit scam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have no idea what to do, Mini credit are saying that I have taken out a loan with them when I have never even heard of them. There isn't a date when I was meant to have taken out this loan, but I'm being harassed by their company and they've sold this debt to OPOS limited saying that I now owe £815.96. They also said that my card was used, I have a new debit card now so it must have been my old debit card which was used but I don't know the dates. I haven't used my Barclays account or my card in months and months. I use a different bank account. I emailed them and told them that it must be a mistake and they want proof that my card was used fraudulently but I knew nothing about this until a few weeks ago. Luckily I have a new debit card from Barclays and I haven't given out the new details to anyone or any website. I have applied for loans in the past but I was rejected, so I'm wondering has a dodgy site sold on my details? It's funny because they like to send me harassing emails but they ignore all of the emails that I sent back, it's like talking to a brick wall! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hi

Sounds like their security checks failed here. It is possible you are a victim of identity fraud and someone has got your banking details to take this loan however, I would contact Action Fraud to get a crime number to pass on to show that you are serious that this is not your debt. Mini Credit should place the account on hold while they investigate and see where it goes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE