Working Tax Credits (disability element)

ep1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cliffs:

Just awarded ESA WRAG, 12 month prognosis; mental health.

Hope to be ready for work in about a year.

Don't think i could cope with full time work straight off.

Part-time hours for the first year back seems like the best idea.

To get WTC working less than 30 hours a week you have to have been on a relevant benefit (ESA-check).

You also need to fulfill the criteria for the work disadvantage test.

Parts that may apply to me:

16. You have a mental illness for which you receive regular treatment under the supervision of a medically qualified person.

or

19. Due to mental disability you ...or are unable to form normal social relationships.

"HM Revenue and Customs may ask you to nominate a professional involved in your care who can confirm how your disability affects you - for example, an occupational therapist, community or district nurse or doctor."

So my question is how likely is it that based on evidence from my therapist and/or GP that i will satisfy either of these criteria?

Would it help to send evidence along with my application form when the time arrives?

Ultimately i do want to get back into work and don't have any sense of entitlement; i honestly believe that my chances of making a full recovery would be greatly enhanced if i could take things at a pace i can manage after suffering through some very dark times in the recent past. It would be a great help if i could get some financial support whilst i get back on my feet and look towards getting a place of my own once i secure full time employment.

I'm afraid I can't say how likely it is that you'll qualify, maybe others with more experience can comment. But I can't see a good reason why you should not send whatever evidence you have along with your form. If you don't send it with your form, they'll simply have to ask for it later.

Now, they may do this anyway, or they may wish to speak to your nominated professional directly. But send what you have when you apply, copies only, not originals.

The exception would be if the form specifically says something like "Don't send us this information now - we will ask if we need to see it."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.