ARGOS - Watch - extra cover - lost receipt

tippytoppy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

wondering if anyone could she some light onto a situation, i feel like there may be nothing we can do but i know some of you guys are fantastic!

The story!

I wanted to get myself a new watch and had been looking at a watch in argos, other stores had it but argos at the time where the cheapest. Now i went into the store a few times to look at it and eventually parted with my cash to buy it. now the woman who by now i had gotten friendly with explained about the argos cover and if i ever dropped it or smashed it i would be covered and decided to pay the extra

a year passed, had a baby, got a new table, moved home.

one day in work looked at the time and saw condensation in the watch, the seal must have broken. Went to look for my receipt and could not find it anywhere. Went into argos and explained the story and even got the woman who served me to come over and back me up, which she did but no the manager was having nothing to do with it!

i feel awfull as they seem like they will do anything not to repair it, the only other thing i can think of is that i can remember the date could they look me up on CCTV? Or should argos not have a way to dig it up on the receipt.

I fear i may be in the wrong but i hope one of you guys can help me out!

Did Argos provide you with paperwork to go with the cover? This would include any terms & conditions, such as what is and what is not covered - not something that would be included on a receipt.

did you pay on card

if so ask for a statment covering the date

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...

Hi Geoff

Start your own thread with your story, then the guys can advise.

Any update on this? My mum needs some help with a similar problem