lowells

antgraham2335
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have checked my credit report and

there are 4 defaults from lowells.

These defaults dates do not match up.

I rang them and insisted I didn't acknowledge the debt.

I asked for all the reference numbers of the alleged debt

they said they were phone contracts.

I wanted a copy of the original agreement

I was told no we don't have to supply it due to it being a verbal contract???

I found a template requesting these documents stating the consumer credit act and

sent along with a postal order for 1 pound.

Any info on how to get rid of these pests will be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Hi there. Could you give more info on these debts and what has happened so far please?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Mobile phone contracts are service contracts and not credit agreements, so a CCA request is pointless,

all Lowlifes will do is pocket the pound and claim that you made this payment toward this alleged debt,

therefore resetting the SB clock....nothing to worry about easily set right.

The letter you should have sent, if at all is the No debt acknowledged one.

However, if you rang them and didn't withhold your number they will now harass you day and night for their ill gotten gains.

NEVER EVER ring a debt collector, they have absolutely NO legal rights whatsoever, all they rely on is the debtors lack of knowledge and harassment and intimidation tactics.

If they have never written to you, nor the moby phone companies then let sleeping dogs lie.

You need to attack those companies first and ignore everyone else, unless of course you receive court documents.

The OC's will say settled, as they have palmed their bad debts off to these parasites, moby phone debts are notorious for having charges added which can be reclaimed.

A SAR (£10) to the moby phone Coy in question will show if there are any fees/charges you can reclaim.

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a bit gutted about the mobile phone contracts then.

The debts are really old and they have stopped harrasing me for a while now but

I had to ring to get the reference numbers.

The woman on the phone was saying all sorts which I knew wasn't legal so I told her straight.

The debts are from 2009 and on my credit file

they say the default date is 2011! Which is untrue.

The debts are of relatively smallish amounts and nothing has really happened with them apart from the odd letter.

Is there anything I can do to get these wiped or is it just a cas e of waiting...

I also have a ccj with marlins due to a bank account getting overdrawn by £90 and IIt has risen to over 1500!!

Although I didn't know before I checked my file as the correspondence must have gone to my old address

Thanks for the replys

I have a copy of the letter which clearly states I sent the £1 for a copy of the CCA so If they do reset the SB clock suppose I have grounds for a dispute

Yes you will!

I also have a ccj with marlins due to a bank account getting overdrawn by £90 and IIt has risen to over 1500!

REALLY!! That is very interesting, can you start a new thread on that and others will be able to advise accordingly and give them a bloody nose!

Is there anything I can do to get these wiped or is it just a cas e of waiting...

Unfortunately wiping debts is a misnomer, arguing their legality is much more straight forward....marlins are pests at the best of times, and they need to be put back in their little box.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can add a notice of correction on your credit files telling them that the default dates are incorrect, you can also make a formal complaint to the credit ref agency informing them that they are processing incorrect data, and they need to correct it or face possible legal action against themselves and the company they allowed to place said incorrect data, for defamation of character. BUT only threaten them with this if you are willing to take legal action against them.

Lowlifes have one of my moby debts, for a tiny amount, they like to email and sent one letter, I've just ignored them and don't ever intend to communicate with them unless I get bored and want to bait them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I received a reply from lowells after sending a cca. They informed me they didn't have to send one as it's a service agreement etc. There was 3 accounts in question. They sent me a deed of assignment for 2 of them but nothing for the 3rd ( which is the largest one) only a letter saying I owe x amount. Where do I stand with this if anybody knows. Thankfully they sent my £1 back and didn't take it as payment.thanks on the accounts lol

Correct mobile phone are service agreements and not credit agreements.

Notice of assignments are what they have sent you, not deeds of assignment.

How much is the moby debt?

Yeah notice of assignment sorry. Therewere 3 of them one is for £120 one is for £320 and the biggest is £900+ all with different providers.. Now I don't understand why they sent me assignments for 2 and not 3. What do I do now is there another letter to send.. The biggest one is statue barred after a year

OK then, well the way to attack this would be IMO to send the phone company a SAR for the phone accounts, if they are all with the same company then this will only cost you a tenner, but, I would probably hit the £900+ one first, and see if there are any fees or charges on it, whcih can be reclaimed to bring the account back below the BR £750 threshold.

Sorry, the BR= Bankruptcy. The threshold or figure by which they can make you BR is £750, however it will cost them more than that to file for your BR.

If you can get the figure down underneath that amount then not only can they not threaten you with BR, but they couldn't force it on you either.

I'm going to send the sar to the 900 pound one.what is the br 750 threshold if you don't mind.me asking

Are the other two accounts with separate phone companies?

Ensure you send the £10 postal order and SAR via recorded delivery, and they have 40 calender days in which to send you everything they have regarding the account, send it to the moby phone coy, NOT lowlifes, all they need know is that you have submitted a SAR and will only correspond with them after you have reclaimed all of the fees charges and interest on the account.

Yes they are with different company's which is good. And I will send off the sar. The debt is sb in December so maybe I should leave the big one. There's a few other debts that I need to address but I thought I would test the water with lowells aka lowlife haah

Ok. I just read the thread. PLEASE stop phoning lowells. They will say ANYTHING to trick you into paying. They couldnt care less about you or the validity of the debt. They just want money from you. Thats it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I phoned them once and haven't spoke since. I sent the letter that all correspondence. Should be in.writing and no.door step collectors etc as it will be deemed as harassment.. What I don't understand is wholly they sent me upon requesting only 2 of the 3 notices of assignment

hi all me again. i recieved a letter from lowlifes today regarding my account, they sent me a statement which o2 sent to them allegedly, this klooks like a made up spreadsheet as o2 have my old address not my new one and all iot says is account balance, nothing else. i contacted o2 requested the sar, and this said that it was sold on to wescott, now lowells claim they bought the debt off o2 but o2 basically told me that this is lies. where do i stand

thanks