Situation here. Advice, please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Gentlemen, Gentlewomen... new user here.

Ok... I have a pretty good idea what to do here,

but I thought i`d post just in case you guys think different since my situation is slightly different.

I know it`s probably bad, but from what i read here, but anyway...

This is what you see when you order the bag:

Thank you for using Cash4phones to recycle your mobile phone(s).

You will very soon receive a sale pack through your mailbox,

which will include a letter and a freepost envelope.

All you'll need to do then, is place your phone(s) and Order Slip reference,

which you can detach from the letter, in the envelope and post to us FREE of charge.

Remember, you can view and track the progress of your order at any time.

Just visit our website and login to your account.

Once we receive the phone(s) and have tested them, we will issue payment, usually within a few days.

It's that simple!

Sent my samsung S2 (in great condition, no scratches, not broken, in a case as well) off to cash4phones (without doing my normal check :| )

waited 2 weeks then decided to contact these guys to see if they`d received the phone.

26-11-13: i got a reply via email:

Thank you for contacting Cash4Phones,

We would like to confirm that we received your hand set but as of yet the evaluation of your hand set has not been completed.

Please be advised that once the evaluation has been completed your Cash4Phones account will be updated,

for this reason we strongly advise that you continually log into your account to be aware of when the update is complete

as a confirmation email will be sent to you detailing when you are likely to receive your payment.

Should you wish to discuss your account further please contact us on the link enclosed or via the number below.

Feeling better, but still a tad concerned. I checked your site recently last weekend and confirmed my worries with a sinking feeling...

02-12-13 Got this email:

Good news! This is to confirm that we have now received your pack and we will start processing your order.

As we are currently experiencing a high volume of orders please allow up to 10 working days to carry out all the necessary tests in order to verify the condition of your phone.

We will contact you further once we have fully assessed your phone.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

Cash4phones

They told me they were checking my phone on the 26-11-13 and now they`re only just checking my phone on the 2-12-13! I may even have to wait 10 days before I get a result!

I think what`s going to happen now is they will delay until the Christmas holiday and I`ll be lucky to see anything before February, if that! It all sends a very, very bad feeling.

I intend to phone them asap and send a letter requesting my phone right back- forget dealing with them. I`ll probably have to pay postage.

Is this a good plan? Just get the phone back fast and go elsewhere?

thanks in advance.

Read the forums. Youll be lucky to get anything. The company has disappeared.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Tried phoning them a couple of times. just got a repeated computer voice teling me to hold, every time.

The expletives I could say right now. Nothing grinds my corn more than this kind of wicked deception.

So i will write a letter with a demand and threatening court action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400492-Cash4phones-help-with-MCOL-**WON-AND-ALL-COSTS-TOO**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Read my thread. Send a letter to the address to the Director mentioned in the link. Send it recorded delivery requesting your phone back or 10 days to issue payment otherwise court action will be taken. Don't give up on them. They will not answer the phone or emails but try by post still. Everyone is on to them.

Court action wont phase them. They have 16 or so CCJ's against them and the company has gone into hiding.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Court action wont phase them. They have 16 or so CCJ's against them and the company has gone into hiding.

Are you here to encourage or discourage?

Anyway, that won`t stop me. i`m not some 20 year old kid, who`ll just give up.

Are you here to encourage or discourage?

Anyway, that won`t stop me. i`m not some 20 year old kid, who`ll just give up.

Im not here to do either. Im giving you straight up facts.

Michael Browne said it better than i did.