Phil and Alison v The Co-op ***WON***

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone managed to get more than 6 years ststements etc from the Co-op?

We have today requested all info from start of the account in the early 80's to Sept 2000 after receiving info Sept 2000 to now in our original SAR.

We have informed Co-op that the Information Commissioner has stated that as the account is "live" they must supply all info they hold.

We have given them a further 14 days to comply with this request before legal action, due to the fact they didn't comply within the 40 days last time.

Wake up Co-op and send us OUR info !!! or WE WILL SUE YOU !!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone managed to get more than 6 years ststements etc from the Co-op?

We have today requested all info from start of the account in the early 80's to Sept 2000 after receiving info Sept 2000 to now in our original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

We have informed Co-op that the Information Commissioner has stated that as the account is "live" they must supply all info they hold.

We have given them a further 14 days to comply with this request before legal action, due to the fact they didn't comply within the 40 days last time.

Wake up Co-op and send us OUR info !!! or WE WILL SUE YOU !!

I am not sure on their policy but I believe that most banks hold 10 years. I got 15 years from RBS.

• Haha 1

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a little problem.

On the 2nd of Jan the Co-op put £3910.50 into our bank account under the heading of ADJ COMMISSION. We have had no written correspondence from them at all even though in Dec they charged us £60 for whatever reason.

The date for us to file MCOL is fast approaching and we are a little stuck as to what to do now. Any help gratefully received.

write to them telling/accepting it as a partial payment only but keep the MCOL running and tell them that too.

dx100uk:|

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok well i think one thing you need to do is take a deep breath & get your heads together here.

sadly, with your posts being spread around several threads [& i note a moderator has already done some work to ammend this] it is very difficult to assertain if what you are posting DOES actually relate to your co-op claim. but p'haps with all the other claims going on your way it can be excused.

so, are you indicating that you sent a claim into the co-op which did not cover the whole of the six-year period you could recover?

what you can claim is not going to go away into thin air, you need [and i say it again] to take a step back, gather your thoughts, and do it properly & carefully then it will not make us & yourselves look a little silly when payback for them does comes around.

dx100uk

dx100uk

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

i did ask for this thread to be closed etc but its still here and as this is us v coop i thought it best to put my questions here as opposed to the 1 headed SAR.

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't really help us.

Ininitally we received the last 6 years' statements and we completed our LBA for non-compliance of SAR (incomplete SAR & late receipt). We then sent our prelim for these 6 years. A couple of days later we receved statements for another year with charges etc. We believe that due to deliberate concealment under section 32 of the Limitations Act we can claim these back too. All we need to know is should we do a new LBA with a new schedule of charges (incl the new year), minus monies they have already paid us? Or do we stick with the last 6 years only, sending in a further claim at a later date? We are demanding all statements back to 1983.

hope you can help

Phatram

ok well.

you go back to my starting period with them too! 1982!

right AFAIK you can only claim back 6yrs, [i asked this at the beginning of my thread if you look there]

there is a bit in the FAQ section highlighted to me about this too.

so i think you need to do nothing/dont change your plans

i think everyone would like it to go back to the year dot, but i dont think it ever will happen

watching your MBNA thread also as ive got one of those too!

dx100uk:)

and they

You CAN claim back more than 6 years !

" If there has been deliberate concealment of the true cost" which there has.

i dont think you have been doing enough reading on this site.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/56083-rbs-claiming-six-years.html?highlight=statute+of+limitations

We have now received another years statements, so what do we do now?

Should we do a new list of charges including whats on the new statements and give them another 14 days before filing MCOL?

Advice needed please, from someone who knows.

Should we do a new list of charges including whats on the new statements and give them another 14 days before filing MCOL?

Provided it's still within the last six years, amend your Schedule of Charges with the new charges and, if the difference is significant, I suggest that you send the amended copy to them with a short covering letter telling them that you've amended the totals and that you enclose an updated copy (without the interest showing) for their information and ask that they add it to your file. Remind tham in the same letter that the clock is still ticking.

Do not extend the 14 days for them. Stick to your timetable. You can amend your claim for free at any time up to filing at MCOL but if any amendments are made after that, it will cost a non-refundable £35 and will delay your Claim. You have to decide in that case whether it's worth it at that point.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Its not in last 6 years, but we are too close to filing Mcol now to amend claim.

We will do another claim at a later date using the section 32 concealment of true costs arguement, which allows us to make such a claim.

Hi,

Mrs Phatram here,

Completing my Court Claim form N1 for my fight with COOP I know I've read somewhere that there are about 6 extra lines which must be included if I am claiming Compound Contractual Interest (this stops me from completing the MCOL) and can't for the life of me find the relevant info!

I would appreciate any swift advice!

Thanks

its in the 'why is no-one claiming contractual interest' thread

thats the best i can do

if i can find it latter i will

dx100uk

and they

Update.

Court claim filed Monday 22/01/07, waiting for info from court.(they did say they were very busy with bank charge claims ) !!!

26/01/07 Another £1378 paid in to our account by Coop, but still no letters from them.

Do we have to notify the court about this money?