Already in esa support group and cancer dignosis

wiseajak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there not a level set of over 16K before there is an effect on benefits.

I'm sure on of the benefit experts will answer soon, but I don't think you are affected.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there not a level set of over 16K before there is an effect on benefits.

I'm sure on of the benefit experts will answer soon, but I don't think you are affected.

Anything over £6k and income based benefits are affected. They stop at £16k.

Something that sprang to mind-

Once i tell them, do they request proof of the amount? That i have no issue with but would they stop my benefit in the mean time until the get a bank statement or something if that makes sense?

Send proof? Yes do youhave a solicitors or executors letter regarding the inheritance ? A copy of such would suffice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

A short note from your aunt as officially dealing with the estate would be fine, don't like the idea of sending bank statements to anyone personally.

Personally I wouldn't even bother telling them, it's under the amount they need to know about, but I am speaking as someone that has un trained council staff doing our benefits, it would confuse them, have them stopping benefits & enjoying messing peoples money up lol by the time that's over the 3 grand would be gone on rent etc...

Would they stop my benefit until the get it though? Thats more my main worry. As its xmas, delays etc etc

A short letter stating the amount would suffice - Wait until you have done all your xmas shopping, and then provide a balance of the account (your bank can print one on demand). The regulations state that a "change of circumstances should be notified within a reasonable time". This is usually taken as 21 days.

If the funds are transferred to your account on the 3rd Dec. You would want to send the notification off by the 24th Dec. But with postal delays and public holidays, it is highly unlikely anything would be done about it until the new year. If your savings remain below the £6,000 ceiling, there will be no change and you have covered your back if the DWP try to claim an overpayment sometime in the future.

If you are claiming housing and/or council tax benefits, it would be prudent to inform your local council at the same time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank u Mr P, the transfer would be around 12th dec, or even maybe after.

So in that case it would jan before anything is done anyway. ??

Im just in a panic as at some point in december i will be induced and will be in hospital giving birth and worried that if il have time to worry about it, unless they take this circumstance into consideration.

My savings have never exceeded £6k i never had any amount over £1k in my bank ever lol.

Im inheriting around £4k (rounded off)

Any expenses i need are going to be heating and food shopping and a few gifts. I dont intend on blowing it all as i want to use some in the new year to visit my family in england (i live in N.Ireland)

My partner is the claimant for Housing benefit. What does he need to do?

Sounds like you are heading for a real stressful time and will have your hands full caring for the new baby.

With Christmas, hospital, and baby all happening at the same time, one would hope that the "rules" would be relaxed a little. I would suggest getting your partner to send a letter to the DWP on your behalf sometime in early January, certainly within a month of actually receiving the inheritance - It would be advisable that he notify the council at the same time.

Stressful isn't a word id use lol

I have a tendency to over think things and let things worry me to the point of it disrupting my daily life i panic about things that haven't even happened.

(Part of the reason I'm on EsA support group)

I have every intention of informing them as I'm the sort of person that would want everything correct and right otherwise it would cripple me. Mentally.

I just feared with everything happening this month they would penalise me for informing them late, not intentionally obviously.

I always picture the worse case scenario. Which is a curse i wish i could get rid of. Sadly is harder to do.

Well i will write a letter and enclose a bank print out, and get that posted as soon as poss and il ring them too, is that a good idea? Just to be safe, il make sure i use recorded delivery so they cant worm out and claim never getting it

Worst case scenario if you didn't tell the DWP:

You receive a £4,000 lump sum which takes your savings up to £5,000 - A few years down the line, the DWP send you a few snotty letters saying "you failed to tell us". After a round of letter tennis, they decide no overpayments have been made, but your stress levels have gone through the roof.

Most likely scenario:

You get a £4,000 lump sum, spend a little on some much needed Christmas cheer, purchase a few essentials for the new baby. Mid January, you provide the DWP with evidence stating that you have £4,000 in the bank. They reply, "Thank you. This will not affect any benefits payments." - You have covered your back should they try it on five years from now.

Save the money on a phone call (unless it is an 0800 number), a simple letter with a second class stamp will suffice.

Well i dont have any money in the bank at the moment, me and my partner have been scraping by only just., so its come at the right time.

Thank you very much for your advice it has made things clearer and eased my mind. At least i know xmas will be oo this year :)

• 4 months later...

I have just got my ESA QUESTIONNAIRE THROUGH the post.

My anxiety level has sky rocketed. Please help. I dont know what to do or how to go about filling this in iv just had a baby and i fear they gunna stop my money and i cant feed him im in tatters :(

Im also a recovering cancer patient, but i dont require chemo or radio therapies.

Someone please help.

Hi wiseajak

Welcome to CAG

Don't panic, it might seem daunting at first sight, it's not as bad as it might seem. It does need to be filled in carefully. There are guides that help you question by question so you can explain your illness/condition

and how it effects you on a daily basis.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?316210-ESA50-Guide

If you have any questions just ask, the guys will do their best to answer them.

:wiseajak:

:bathbaby: Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.

There's a guide to the mental health part of an ESA50 questionnaire, with some tips about supportive evidence, on Rethink's site;

http://www.rethink.org/

(Search for work capability assessment factsheet)

We can't predict the outcome of this work capability assessment. But should you be a lone parent who's found fit for work, you may be entitled to income support;

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/income-support

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thank u hes my world and the fear if having my only income taken away terrifies me.

But Theres a snag im not alone parent. My partner is on my claim, as he gas no work as the type of work he does is scarce.

:wiseajak:

Should you lose your entitlement to employment n support, you and your partner could make a joint claim for jobseekers. With reduced conditionality for the main carer of your little boy. Not as much as ESA, but better than no income.

Margaret.