BES - Not good for me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

I wanted to give my feedback, because this forum really helped me understand the trouble I was in,

when as others have done,

fell stupidly victim to a pressure sales pitch on the phone whilst my shop had customers in it

and I ignored every basic instinct telling me that this was dodgy.

Not understanding the law that as a business to business sale I had no get out clause I had no idea what I had done until the contract arrived in the post

and I read the unreasonable terms I had agreed to on the phone under pressure, mistakenling believing that so long as I hadn't signed anything I would be okay.

All I can say - is I learnt the lesson the very hard way.

After a very stressed weekend - where I was physically sick with the worry

I called BES on the Monday and paid the "termination" fee of £400 to get out of the contract before service had begun.

If you can do this, then believe me the relief is worth it.

Although I think I only got out of it because I reacted so quickly.

I have now turned the phone off at the shop to answer machine only and I have learnt a very expensive and hard lesson.

I really hope someone puts a stop to "business to business" sales, surely Businesses especially small businesses should be protected in the same way as citizens!

Hi there Hardlessons,

I too paid the £400 on Friday, still waiting for them to cancel their application to take over our meter though, although I managed to get them to email me a confirmation that I had paid the £400 and that it was for a termination of the account etc.

Truly disgusting way of doing business though, and I feel so bad for those that are still fighting! I really hope this is the end of it for us!

Regards

Kris

Hi Kris,

I agree - truly disgusting way to run a business, but whilst the law is on their side it will continue! I did receive a confirmation letter with the card receipt attached about 2 days after payment, and I finally had a good nights sleep for the first time in a week. I also called my bank and requested a note be put on the system not to initiate any direct debit, which they did, although couldn't be responsible if it was set up, so I am still regularly checking my on-line bank to make sure nothing appears. I am so glad it is over - and I have finally started to forgive myself for being so stupid. I only hope that this forum helps people understand that it is very easy trap to fall in to.

Regards

Thought I would add my twopennorth here.

I started a new business back in October. BES were supplying the property. I got inundated with calls from them to start a new contract too. I eventually agreed a contract with Npower. BES then refused to transfer the service....all the time of course I was using gas at a high level and being charged out of contract rates. NPower offerred me a good rate, a very good rate.

Eventually BES, agreed to the same rate and promised to backdate it to the day i moved in. So to save anymore hassle (and 2 months out of contract rates at a cost of £500 I agreed to a contract with them.

The first bill used a rate that was 80% higher than one that was agreed. I complained and eventually they changed it to the rate agreed for 2 weeks before increasing the rate and claiming that it was a standard increase cos gas had increased in price.

I did not accept that and checked the gas prices on line.....refused to pay the extra and threatened them with OFgem. Eventually they reverted the rate back to my original one (3.56)

They have taken money from my account on several occassions without first informing me so now I have cancelled the direct debit with them and will in future pay by card.

The company seems well dodgy and I need to keep a close eye on them, but they will toe the line if you insist.

They do not toe the line even if you insist. As they blocked your transfer, you could have raised a claim regarding the out of contract charges that they imposed and they would have been liable.

Unfortunately they sucked you into their web. I am hoping you are submitting readings to them on a monthly basis otherwise you may be in for a big shock!

if they took sums by DD and DID NOT SEND YOU NOTIFICATION FIRST

get the money back under the DD guarantee through you bank

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...