Gearbox Bearing Failure - Warranty won't pay out as say it is wear and tear

cgg13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Helios, letter back on it's way to the warranty company.

Scaniaman the gearbox is not a serviceable item, nor is it scheduled for maintenance in the service plan otherwise it would have been done along with the yearly service.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd need to see what you have sent back. Essentially if the inspecting engineer had done his job properly then he'd have measured the clearances between the hubs and or the selector forks. If all were consistently out of spec then it can be concluded that it is wear and tear. The support bearings though, which he refers to incorrectly as a pinion bearing show clear signs off collapse. If examined correctly which you cannot do by eye sight you will probably see a hairline crack in the cage. Sometime you can see it but this is usually when the box has seized and blown itself apart. What is not apparent though is when it is all assembled together and not visible then the crack opens up as the surfaces are then loaded or not if it has failed. It is this which should have been tested for.

• 3 weeks later...

I was an owner of a Vauxhall car and had to sell it for spares due to the gearbox being made of cheese. My car had only covered 71,000 miles

My opinion : After reading the posts I would be amazed if this got anywhere especially after 11,000 miles but best of luck anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

cgg13, have you any news on this?

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.