Carter/Lowell Court Claim Form - Old Orange Mobile Debt***Claim Discontinued***

johnfitz26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello helpfull people.

My partner has had a court letter from Bryan Carter on behalf of Lowell Financial.

I really don't know where to start. It was from an old Orange contract not sure when from. Thing is shes still an orange monthly contract payer so not sure how this works. She now owes them £224.76 with court and solicitors fees.

Just need the next steps to take.

Thanks in advance

When you say a court letter is it an N1 claim form from the court or a threatening letter from Carter?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ok can you post up the date if issue of the claim and the Particulars of Claim verbatim but leaving out any personal identifiers and round the figures to a sum slightly different to that shown on the form.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Issue Date 09/10/13

The claim is for £145.71

the amount due under an agreement between the orginal creditor and the defendant

to provide finance and or services and or goods.

The debt was assigned to/purchased by Lowell Portfolio on 30/08/12

and noticed served pursuant to the law or property act 1925

particulars ikano financial services ac ********

and the claiment claims £145.71.

The claiment also claims interest persuant to S69 county court act 1984

from 30/08/12 to date at 8% per anum amounting to £12.99

I have moved you to the legal forum where the guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi John

Follow this thread/advice which started today its mirror image of your situation...you are not alone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406055-Lowell-Bryan-Carter-claim-form-for-old-o2-mobile-debt(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You dont send anything to Carter or Lowell from the N1 pack (Summons) it can all be done on line using MCOL.

If you require copies of documents that they have referred to within their claim then you send a CPR 31.14 request to Carter.(assuming you wish to defend it)

Link :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Dont forget to follow the instructions in the summons pack you must acknowledge service and state your plea within 19 days of the date...otherwise your partner gets a CCJ by default.

Your claim was issued on the 9th October (5 days deemed served) so you must acknowledge service by the 27th Oct and state your intention to defend or admit.If you are defending you have a further 14 days to submit your defence...... 9th November.

john submitting defence does not mean you will not a get a CCJ...depends on the District Judge and if your defence has merit.Acknowledging service stops them getting a judgment by default but you then have to follow the process.

i have logged

clicked the button that says i wish to defend all of the claim

but then i have no defence

i havnt clue how to defend it.

I have sent a cca request to Bryan Carter shall i wait and see what i get back?

Sorry im being so thick my knowledge on this is nil

no good sending a CCA request for a mobile contract

that's a service agreement [see post 9 above by andy]

read this thread

dx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406672-Lowell-Carter-claim-form-old-mobile-debt-Possible-to-defend-(3-Viewing)-nbsp&p=4375113#post4375113

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have had a letter back from Bryan Carter Solicitors

We write further to your letter dated 15/10/13 requesting disclousure under part 31 of the civil procedure rules and request for extension.

We confirm the claim form was issued by northampton county court bulk centre

and the courts protocol was followed when issuing the claimants particulars of claim.

Practice Direction 7c point 1.4 (3a) eliminates the requirement to attach the documents to the particulars of claim when they are issues by this court.

We confirm that the claim will most properly be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter

and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefore not apply.

We confirm that we have netherless requested documentation from our client and hope to revert to you shortly although this will not be within 7 days.

It is the original creditors policy to issue agreements on or around the date of the contract

and statements throughou the duration of the agreement and in this regard we ask you to refer to your own records.

We confirm we are agreeable to an extension of 14 days to allow you more time to prepare and file your defence.

Please note that we have not yet been informed that you have filed the acknowledgment of service.

As you will be aware a claim was issued in this matter on 9th oct 2013.

Please respond to the claim using the responce pack provided by the court.

You should comply with the deadlines outlines by the court to avoid a default judgment being entered against you.

Any ideas on what next?

I thought they had 7 days to produce an agreement that she signed or any proof the debt is owed?

Thanks again

what is this muppet on about..

CPR 31.14 does not apply?

what planet she on..

he must produce the docs he wishes to rely upon in court.

urm..not another case we are going to see carter run away from and leave it to claimant to do...

oh and have you spotted

this is a ikea card debt? ikano financial services ltd

ring any bells?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok im wonder what to do on this now the last letter i had was on 22nd Oct from Bryan Carter which was detailed above. She has had a letter from the court Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track. What shall i do with this Bryan Carter havnt come up with the original agreement yet.

Thank you people.

If you have received Notice of Proposed Allocation to the small claim I assume you have completed and submitted your DQ...dont worry about Carter for now.

Directions Questionnaire....In your case the N180...this allocates the claim to thread which triggers Notice of Proposed Allocation.I doubt you will hear again from Mr Carter.

OK now im confused. Receive a letter today Saying we enclose a copy of the claimants directions questionnaire The claimant is prepared to settle this matter outside of court and we look forward to hearing from you regarding negotiations.

Attached is the court directions questionnaire. The confusing part is it says Capital one Europe PLC VS the person in question. The last letter i had was lowell portfolio 1 limited vs the person in question. The Notice of proposed allocation also says Lowell Portfolio.

So what to do next and whats going on with all the different changes of company names.

All help appreciated.

Hold on just noticed as well that this Directions Letter i have received this morning company says Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD (letter attached from BC says Capital one PLC)

Under the contact name ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!! its a mans name the person in question is female !!!! Whats going on !!!!!

Carter has got himself confused again if Lowell Portfolio 1 is mentioned can assume it is the owner of the account and that the mention of Cap 1 will be as the original creditor (debt arising from an account with)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hold on just noticed as well that this Directions Letter i have recieved this morning company says Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD (letter attached from BC says Capital one PLC)

Under the contact name ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!! its a mans name the person in question is female !!!! Whats going on !!!!!

Does it contain any identifiable personal data (bar the other parties name)... service address etc?