Neighbour harassing my landlady - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'll just give a quick overview of my situation.

I live on my own with my dog and cat in a park home. It is in a cul-de-sac with two other park homes - one houses my landlady and the other houses my landlady's son, the property I am renting used to be occupied by my landlady's mother. I have been here, under an AST, for 18months. I'm 28, with no children, and am disabled.

My friend (we'll call her Jane) had a short term relationship with my landlady's son (we'll call him Dave) which ended badly when my friend discovered just how much of an a***hole he really is. Dave has convinced himself that I am to blame for the relationship ending and that I am spying on him. In truth, I have kept my mouth shut and have refused to be drawn on an opinion of the whole sorry saga. I am a naturally quiet and private person and loath gossip. Dave has made my landlady's life a living hell by constantly going on about it all and pushing her to evict me or push the rent up to get me out. She is 60 and a very nervy lady and is sick to the back teeth of being bullied by her son. Last Monday I received written notice of a rent increase of £25 that will make my staying here that little bit harder and Dave knows it. It has been increased to placate him and give his mother a quiet(er) life. His mother has even been thinking of selling up and moving away just to get rid of him.

He rents his park home from his uncle but I'm not sure if he has a tenancy agreement or not.

My landlady and I get on really well and she does not want me to go or put the rent up but she was bullied into doing so by her vicious son.

I would like to know what legal recourse I have against my neighbour re harassment? Also, he has 12 scrap cars up here all rotting into the ground - can he be made to clear it all up even though it's private land? The land belongs to my landlady and she is fed up of asking him to clear it up. She's now frightened to say anything to him for fear of verbal abuse.

In an ideal world I'd stick a lit match through his letterbox (JOKE) but he's put the sword of Damocles over my head so I'd like to return the favour!

Sorry to ramble on, as you can appreciate it is a very complicated situation.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Many thanks

Kat

x

Well, she cant put the rent up as you have a tenancy which agrees what the rent is. Tell her this so she can tell her son that it isnt possible, will have to wait 6 months etc. I'm sure that will take the pressure off her for a while.

Everyting else down to LL unless you want to take matter up with councl env health dept and housing dept but that will be long-winded and possibly not achieve anything.

Is 'Dave' harassing you in any way, is he intimidating you personally, stalking/spying behaviour?

I know forest area and some of the 'community' can be a tad 'difficult' at times.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi guys,

My tenancy was 6 months assured and after that now rolls from one month to the next.

Jane came to visit me one evening and immediately after she left Dave phoned me and asked who it was. He then kept me on the phone for half an hour blaming me for everything going wrong, that he knew I'd be trouble etc etc that I'm the enemy within blah blah blah......apart from that he will not 'have it out' with me and get everything in the open. I'm afraid to open my mouth in case I lose my home and he is harassing his mother to get me out as it's 'his family home'. My LL is in poor health already and Dave knows he can bully her into getting his own way.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear Dave's mother and sister were the same person as per the forest of dean norm ;-)

thank you

x

Emm the stories about the forest have been legend for centuries, progress there is likened to the Hill Billies of America, some terrible abuses have been reported.

I spent much of my youth in Dursley across the river as you might say, and the Dean was really a no go area.

You have recourse to law if you are intimidated of in any way in fear of this man, police action if needed, do not hesitate.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

she can put the rent up if you have been staying there for more than 12 months. She has to give you one months notice via form s13, which gives you your rights.

she can also give you a form s21 notice of repossession with two months notice now you are on a periodic tenancy; so be careful if you don't want to leave.

So am I right in thinking that the small handwritten note I received notifying me of the increase is worth zip? I read something about me needing to sign something to say I accept the increase, is this true?

Fingers crossed everything is quiet up here now (till next time) so I'm going to keep my head low :-)

Many thanks once again,

Kat

x

@brigadier2jcs - I jest when I make fun of where I live. Fair do's there's some nasty places like you'd find anywhere but on the whole it's a beautiful area to live and work. Where I am (near Coleford) it's a peaceful hamlet on a no-through-road :-) Places to steer clear of in the forest - Cinderford - residents can't wear flip-flops due to their webbed feet and Ruardean - home of the high 6 - not high 5! lol Lydney's a dump too but doesn't count as it isn't in the forest.

yes notice of increase has to be in correct form if after 12 months occupation, but you don't have to sign anything if you agree to it, just pay it when due, or take it to local area body/committee for an assessment of fair rent.

Hi

If you look at this link: https://www.gov.uk/assured-tenancy-forms it is Form 4B

This is the Form 4B in PDF:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group