sky removed money from my account without permission!

Aptil 82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

*I just want to know if anyone else has had the same issue with sky*taking*money from them using their debit card information?

Twice now I have had £15.00 and £12.48 removed*from*my*account

when I ring sky up to ask why they have done this they tell me they haven't taken any money and*imply*I’m*making it up.

I’ve had to contact my Bank (Lloyds)*who*thankfully have been more helpful than SKY

and have had to cancel my card which is very inconvenient and thankfully Lloyds refunded my money.

Yes it’s not for huge amounts but in this*climate*I’m*having to watch every penny I have!

My bank has confirmed that it is*sky*removing*the money and not someone setting up a dummy*account,

yet*when*I*tell sky this they are not*interested*and*extremely*rude about it and very unhelpful.

I have never know a customer service like it!

I have written letters of complaint and got no reply and as*SKY*don’t*have a*complaints*department I can actually talk to.

I’m now posting in here to find out if anyone else is effected and to warn others in case it starts happening to anyone else.

*I now*have*lost all faith in sky and have pretty much come to the*conclusion*that*they*

just want to take my money and offer no customer service!.

Roll on 10 months so I can find a better more*reliable*company*that*doesn’t*take things from its*customers.**

Thread moved to Digital TV forum

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Welcome to the broadband/phone/tv [problem] companies.

I got the same treatment from virgin.

They were taking extra money every month, just a few pounds, not enough to make me suspicious.

Until I found out that, by their own admission, there was a system error.

However they promised to refund but never did.

I lost my time going to the regulator they suggested but the case was dismissed because "the amount they stole was minimal" (!?!?!?)

I then found out that this regulator is paid by the providers.

Big [problem], almost legal.

My advice is to send them a letter before action giving 14 days to refund, if they don't comply take them to CC without further ado and you will get your money back and a moral victory.

No matter how small the amount they steal, it's still theft.

Were you a sky customer at this time?

Did you send in statements to show these payments?

Did you give your details to anyone to use to pay their sky bill?

Normally they can trace the payments quite easily so unsure why the wouldn't unless detail were not provided.

Also what was the exact name and type or ref was given at these payments. because the very small amounts do not seem to be sky subs so may have been one of these companies that offer extended warranty

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)