T. Mobile ignore contract cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a T.Mobile "pay monthly" contract for over 6 years. However this April I decided to change providers and telephoned T Mobile to cancel my contract. I only had to give them 1 months notice as I had already come to the end of my current 24 month contract. I cancelled my direct debit with my bank after the final payment had been taken ....So far so good. But a few months down the line I receive a demand via a debt collection agency for over £100. Apparently my contract had not been cancelled as promised. I tried to phone them to explain but they did not take much notice telling me that it was owed and I would have to pay it or risk court action etc. So I paid it in full and asked them again to cancel my contract which they assured me they had. This time I kept an eye on my account online and was horrified to see that they were still trying to take out my monthly fee. So I wrote to them this time and sent it recorded delivery. Today I received another demand from a debt collection agency for two months contract payments. The usual threats pay up or risk legal action. I have since lost the receipt for the recorded letter so I have no proof of sending it. I have no idea what to do now other than pay up.. AGAIN!

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you

M.

Had a similar issue with Tiscali a while back - Sent them an email to cancel contract and followed it up with a telephone call. Cancelled the direct debit and instructed them to send me a final bill which would be paid by cheque. Suffice to say, the cancellation did not go through and they continued to bill me for line rental and penalty charges. After a few months of letter tennis, I referred them to Ofcom. A couple of weeks later, a DCA letter arrived spouting threats of further penalty charges and court action. Ofcom took a very dim view of that and quickly found in my favour.

In your situation, I would follow the same course of action - You have notified T.Mobile of the cancellation in line with their contract and they have failed to action it in a reasonable period. File a complaint with Ofcom asking them to investigate - The minimum you want is a full refund of the £100+ paid to the DCA, compensation for distress caused by this second claim and a full apology.

Follow this up with a letter to:

High Level Complaint Investigations

T-Mobile

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

The DCA should be dismissed with a short note saying that you do not acknowledge the debt and the matter has been referred to Ofcom - Do not talk to these people over the phone and never pay them anything.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.