Please help! - Audi a3 purchased through Black Horse in 2010 gone wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am new to this forum, hence why my first post is on here!

I have an Audi a3 which i purchased through Black Horse in 2010. I still have 19 months left on the HP agreement.

Last week i had the engine management light come on, so i booked it into my local garage to take a look. They have found two cylinders misfiring and one has excessive scoring to the bore. All in all an engine rebuild is going to cost me 4.5k or find another engine and have it replaced (again in excess of 1.5k-2k)

I dont have the money to fix my car and am wondering what my options are. It is an 08 plate and only done 58k miles so as you can get i am pretty angry with the situation. Black Horse have said they wont have it back unless its fixed so that is not an option at the moment

Any help or advice gratefully recieved

Cheers

Edited by NickGoble82

if you can prove the damage was there when you bought the car from the dealer

you might have a case under SOGA or selling of goods act?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you can prove the damage was there when you bought the car from the dealer

you might have a case under SOGA or selling of goods act?

dx

I don't think the damage was there when i bought the car, also not sure how to prove it? They would have to take the car and run tests on it?

Have you had a quote anywhere else as the local garage could be misdiagnosing the fault especially on an Audi? Not saying garage is incorrect, but at that price may be worth getting a second opinion. If it is a diesel it could be something as simple as the DPF.

With Audi TDI engines you would be better off googling the engine block identification (three letters) to see whether it is one prone to injector/ECU issues.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fix-the-VW-AUDI-Skoda-Seat-Pd170-TDI-Injector-Failure/156033921135623

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1088107

Is it the 140 or 170 hp version ?

Edited by Kiki1

Cheers for the feedback, its not a diesel, its the 1.4 TFSI. I have had a second opinion and it is unfortunately what the first garage said. Its either an engine rebuild to replace the cylinders or a replacement engine im afraid.

It was very juddery on tick over and in the low rev range, and started throwing black smoke out the back (its burning oil).

They changed all the coil packs and spark plugs (one was absolutely black which was the one from the second cylinder which is scored) but it didnt stop the juddering or black smoke.

The final analysis was that cylinder 2 and 3 are misfiring and 2 has the bore scored and is therefore passing oil through it

Then this may be the same issue that is apparent on the smaller VW cars, Golfs and Polos to be specific. I recall something here to do with low compression and cylinder/valve wear (on the three cylinder models anyway) from a year or so back.

Another search should give you ammunition on bore scoring and the costs.

Is it an import model?