Gap insurance provider not paying? - ** RESOLVED **

blaser24nig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Click4gap are the providers and are underwritten by DIRECT GROUP...

Interesting.. they've got testimonials on their website referring to their quick and professional claims handling :-)

One point though, Direct Group are their Claim Administrator, whilst the underwriter of their policy is Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited who are based in Gibraltar.

I did suspect that it was these guys who you you'd bought from... looking at a number of comparisons where their policies have been compared against others by the likes of Defaqto and gapinsurance.co.uk and Which? the only one on which they appear in a remotely good light is the Which? report, but that's only because the Which? report only really compares on price and pays little attention to the quality of the policy, which, frankly, in relation to the Click4Gap policy, isn't very good.

I am now on twitter and sent out a few msgs without naming them and to my surprise a few GAP providers replied and said they had indeed seen my complaint in some forums and agreed that it is quite strange. I also got in touch with auto express who asked me to send an email. I also called the Ombudsman and they are dealing with it aswel.

What were the circumstances of the accident, I seem to recall another thread by you at the time of the original posting that you hit a bollard at a fairly high speed, if this is the case it may explain why the gap Insurer is wanting to ensure they are fully aware of the accident circumstances.

Could you confirm what the exact circumstances of the accident were?

Yes of cos. I was driving down a road when someone suddenly ran out in front of my car and I swerved to avoid them and hit a bollard on the road. I understand the insurers wanting to ensure they are fully aware of the circumstances but over 2 months to do that? I gave them all the details of the accident, they even interviewed me over the phone, I gave them the CAD number as the police and ambulance where called to the scene. My car insurers paid out within 2 weeks but the GAP providers have been dithering. About 3 weeks ago, I was told by them that they were happy with the claim and see no reason why it should not be paid (I have this in writing and email) and then suddenly its in review again and they now want me to fill in an appendix D form which states that it is to confirm the accident details, time, location, officers. Frankly I think its ridiculous what they are doing.

I just checked my credit report and DIRECT GROUP did an unrecorded search on the 24th of last month. I didn't give them any permission for that so I called experian who said it was just an ID verification. I am considering querying them...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just an update:

I have just spoken to the insurers and they said they are again waiting for the police to write to them as they had to fill out another form. I asked why and they didn't say anything. I have also spoken the FOS and the eight weeks deadline is this friday so will see what happens.

This is absolutely ridiclulous, 4 months and counting and its still going on. I will wait till next week and decide on what steps to take.

I'm astounded that this is still unresolved for you. I can't help but wonder... do they actually have the funds to pay you?

Where are you on the replacement vehicle front? Are you having to wait for them to payout before you source a new vehicle?

Think I would be threatening to issue a court claim now by issuing a letter before action, giving them say 14 days to pay up. Then issue the court claim if you need to.

There is a point about financial problems affecting the Insurance industry . Not saying this is the case regarding any companies mentioned in this thread.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello guys and sorry for the late reply.

My car insurers have actually paid out, they did so within 2 weeks. It is the GAP insurers that are delaying payment for whatever reason.

Yes, I think we all realise that, given the title of your thread.

Issue a court claim against the Gap Insurers, after first issuing a letter before action. It is easy to do this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

To everyone who has been following this thread. I came back home today and there was a check waiting for me from DIRECT GROUP who are the claim handlers for CLICK4GAP who are administred by RED SANDS based in Gilbralter.

It has been a tough 6 months and the insurers did not act in good faith IMHO.

Thanks guys.

UPDATE:

To everyone who has been following this thread. I came back home today and there was a check waiting for me from DIRECT GROUP who are the claim handlers for CLICK4GAP who are administred by RED SANDS based in Gilbralter.

It has been a tough 6 months and the insurers did not act in good faith IMHO.

Thanks guys.

That they took so long is quite incredible.

Personally I'd be logging a formal complaint against them. Particularly if the delay caused you inconvenience etc in terms of being able to purchase a new vehicle.

Glad it's finally sorted for you though :-)