Should i keep playing football

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just a light hearted piece of advice needed, im having a classic head says one thing heart says another, i know the ultimate decision is up to me but what would you do.

Im 29, Not very fit anymore at all, I used to play a lot of football (goalkeeper) from the age of 6-22 then stopped, have always missed it so looked at getting back in to it, Had my first 90 minutes the other day, i did ok, but the problem is obviously after/the next day, I had aches and pains and places i didnt know existed. I guess throwing 16 stone through the air and landing on elbows, back ect.. will do that.

The team want me to sign up and be there keeper for the season starting but i just dont know if i am up to it physically, will these aches and pains get better, will recovery time improve or am i just to old, fat and out of shape.

Help, decisions decisions

Go for it, your young, I played until I was in my late forties and loved every minute, remember and take out some sort of insurance to cover injuries :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Go for it, your young, I played until I was in my late forties and loved every minute, remember and take out some sort of insurance to cover injuries :)

Yes but you were probably fit-ish, I know keepers can play until quite old, if the are fit. My worry is i played wednesday and now friday i still feel stffl/sore, and i do a manual job. Any advice for quickening the healing process lol

That'll happen for a while until you get fitter, I really miss playing, used to play in goal if our keeper was missing, my uncle used to play for Third Lanark who were one of the biggest Scottish clubs in their day, went bankrupt owing him a few bob.

He was a huge 'Jambo' (Hearts fan) like myself, and played in a Scottish Cup Final against Hearts with a Hearts top under his keepers top, played a blinder but still ended up losing 1-0.

Sorry, I've not got any tips for a fast recovery after a game, it's that long ago since I played :)

Oh the good old days. Jumpers for goal posts!

and imaginary crossbar, I still remember the arguments :)

Reason you are aching? You are using muscles you havent used in years. Trust me. I used to play rugby from the age of 10 to the age of 23. I put on a ton of weight, got unfit as hell. Now, years later, I started losing that weight this summer and used the services of a personal trainer and i had the same aches as you. 3 weeks after i started... no more aches.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Never to old to exercise. Just remember, no matter how tiring it is at the start, repeated exercise gives you endurance over time, which leads to you doing more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Warm up before

cool down after

Talk it through with the team. If they are prepared to back you up whilst you gain more stamina, the least you could do is back them up by getting some training in!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yeah I quite agree with all the above posts, how do I work on stamina regarding impact aches, it's not so much the running its the 16 st jumping through air and landing on all sorts, I'd look a right prat practising jumping in the floor down the park lol

Yeah I quite agree with all the above posts, how do I work on stamina regarding impact aches, it's not so much the running its the 16 st jumping through air and landing on all sorts, I'd look a right prat practising jumping in the floor down the park lol

Get yourself down to a farm and catch the mice :)

Might look like a prat but you're getting fitter. As you said, you are getting impact aches, but those will go away the fitter you get. Could always do the couch25k thing from NHS choices. Takes a couple of weeks, but your stamina increases massively and youll notice the weight drop off, especially if you keep a good diet and cut out ALL junk food.

Impact from exercise is quite a thing to get your head around... the amount of pressure you put your body through whilst running and diving for the ball is up to 10 times your body weight through your joints!!

Maybe a chat with your doc?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If it's impact injury you are worried about then is there a rugby club near you that might be able to offer advice or a martial arts centre? They might be able to direct your training along the correct path for preparing your body to absorb the impacts.