Faulty swimming pool

Mandyrice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a swimming pool from uk sports import less than 2 months later the seam has come apart leaving a hole.i paid £99 for this pool when I contacted this company and sent in a picture of where it has come apart their response was that it was not a manufactures fault and they would not be taking my complaint any further.i am very disappointed in the company's response and I am now having to take this further to get this situation sorted

Soga and DSR. How did you pay for it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

uk sport imports ltd

26 woodland Avenue

hagley, west midlands

DY8 2XQ

The consumer regulations that give you Protection are the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). They state that should a fault occur during the first six months, then it is assumed to have been there at the time of purchase and it is up to the seller to prove otherwise.

As you have already had a rejection, you should write, (don't use the phone) recorded delivery quoting the above act and request the address to send it to for a refund or replacement.

uk sport imports ltd

26 woodland Avenue

hagley, west midlands

DY8 2XQ

The consumer regulations that give you Protection are the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). They state that should a fault occur during the first six months, then it is assumed to have been there at the time of purchase and it is up to the seller to prove otherwise.

As you have already had a rejection, you should write, (don't use the phone) recorded delivery quoting the above act and request the address to send it to for a refund or replacement.

I have been told to do that.i did put that in my email about it was up to them to prove it but they have basically said to take it further as they are working within the law! It's a joke it's a lovely day here and my kids have no pool to play in

Edited by Conniff

There is something weird about this company. They are saying in certain parts of their website that they are a Limited Company yet they give their address as:

UK Sport Imports

Unit 15 Enterprise Trading Estate

Hurst Lane, Brierley Hill

West Midlands, DY5 1TX

without any 'Limited'. There is also no company number which they would have if they were a limited company. There is also no record of a 'UK Sport Imports' company registered at Companies House with or without the Ltd.

UK Sport Import website was registered by Steven Darren Watton 26 Woodland Avenue, Hagley, Stourbridge DY8 2XQ but the electoral roll shows a Steven 'David' Watton at that address.

This person is also named as the registrant of Sports and Leisure UK which has a website but is also not registered at companies house. (There is a now dissolved Ltd Company of that name but they were in Newton Abbot Devon.)

Sport and Leisure UK,

Unit 15 Enterprise Trading Estate

Hurst Lane

Opposite Merry Hill Centre

Brierley Hill

West Midlands

DY5 1TX

Steven Watton holds 4 current appointment, has resigned from 1 companies and held appointments at 1 dissolved companies. Steven began their first appointment at the age of 29 and their longest current appointment spans 9 years and 6 months at IRG EUROPE LIMITED. *

The combined cash at bank value for all of Steven's current businesses is £313,662, with a combined assets value of £3,220,222 and liabilities of £2,026,599. Roles associated with Steven Watton within the recorded businesses include: Director

Registered Details

Short name Steven Watton

Year of Birth: 1974

Director ID: 915772561

Registered Address

26 Woodland Avenue

Hagley

West Midlands

DY8 2XQ

As he refuses to abide by UK regulations, you should do a 'Chargeback' to your card at your bank. The reason for a chargeback would be in the email he sent you so you can show the bank that. Don't let your bank say you can't do a chargeback with a debit card, you can.

*Just to give you more info, IRG are

Name & Registered Office:

IRG EUROPE LIMITED

UNIT 15 ENTERPRISE TRADING ESTATE

HURST LANE

BRIERLEY HILL

WEST MIDLANDS

UNITED KINGDOM

DY5 1TX

Company No. 05050082

Mortgage: Number of charges: 3 ( 1 outstanding / 2 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )

Last Members List: 19/02/2013

Cuppa time now I think.

Except maybe - I can't see any mention of any of the companies at the address they give:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45910[/ATTACH]

I notice you have done a not too nice review on a review website, there are some really bad comments about them by others.

Edited by Conniff

I live and work by these addys if I get chance ill have a look if you want conniff?

It would be nice if you could check out the works place, he might be sharing but it might be a postal address.

conniff ill check one of the addys today n see if i can see any signage or anything. but i also found this.

Directors and Secretaries

Joanne Keyes

1 Nov 2012 ⇒ Present (9 Months) Director -------------- http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/5125476/joanne-keyes

Donal Sharkey

12 Feb 2010 ⇒ Present (3 Years) Director ------------------ http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/866019/donal-sharkey

Claire Watton

10 Apr 2007 ⇒ Present (6 Years) Director ------------------ http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/866020/claire-watton

Rachel Watton ------------------------ http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/866018/rachel-watton

19 Feb 2004 ⇒ Present (9 Years) Company Secretary

10 Apr 2007 ⇒ Present (6 Years) Director

Richard Watton ----------------- http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/866022/richard-watton

10 Apr 2007 ⇒ Present (6 Years) Director

Steven Watton --------------------------- http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/866023/steven-watton

19 Feb 2004 ⇒ Present (9 Years) Director

[/Quote]

Looking at Stevens profile he is appointed to " Kidz cars direct LTD" http://www.kidscarsdirect.com/ a year ago, however that has the same registered address as UK Sports Imports, and another company now dissolved was registered there http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/nvd-systems. and steven is registered with a laser cutting and technology consultancy nearby at stourbridge and kinver (all businesses within 15/20 min drive of each other)

Also the wearebeds.com was bugging me especially as the main address was "east Sussex". then i noticed donal sharkey is based in east sussex (the shop on google images.) so i did a doman search and lone behold check this out.

Domain Name: WEAREBED.COM

Creation Date: 2011-03-23

Expiry Date: 2015-03-23

Nameserver: ns.123-reg.co.uk

Nameserver: ns2.123-reg.co.uk

Registrant Name: Darren Duffy

Registrant Company: IRG Europe LTD

Registrant Address: 26 woodland Avenue

Registrant Address: hagley

Registrant Address: West Midlands

Registrant Address: DY8 2XQ

Registrant Address: GB

Administrative Name: Darren Duffy

Administrative Company: IRG Europe LTD

Administrative Address: 26 woodland Avenue

Administrative Address: hagley

Administrative Address: West Midlands

Administrative Address: DY8 2XQ

Administrative Address: GB

Administrative Email:

Administrative Tel: +44.1562883773

[/Quote]

and

Domain Name: WEAREBEDS.COM

Creation Date: 2011-03-23

Expiry Date: 2015-03-23

Nameserver: ns1.ns1.testuksi.co.uk

Nameserver: ns2.ns1.testuksi.co.uk

Registrant Name: IRG Europe

Registrant Company: 123-reg

Registrant Address: Unit 17 Enterprise Trading Estate

Registrant Address: Brierley Hill

Registrant Address: West Midlands

Registrant Address: DY10 4DU

Registrant Address: GB

Administrative Name: IRG Europe

Administrative Company: 123-reg

Administrative Address: Unit 17 Enterprise Trading Estate

Administrative Address: Brierley Hill

Administrative Address: West Midlands

Administrative Address: DY10 4DU

Administrative Address: GB

Administrative Email:

Administrative Tel: +44.1562883773

Technical Name: IRG Europe

[/Quote]

also this site http://www.sportandleisureuk.com/catalog/.

Im guessing Steven and Rachael are married (found their facebooks), And the confusion with the Darren and David as you wrote about earliar Conniff, is either Darren Duffey is a made up name by steven. or he purposely changes between his real middle name David to his friend/ Partner Darren so it then provides another identity as same initial. As darrens address is the same as Steven.

Hopefully my bank are going to help me.importsports have asked me to send in a photo of the set up of the pool from a distance in order for them to help me further.anyone know why they would want a photo of that?

Yes ground level as far as I can tell but I just know if I send in a pic they will say ground not level just like they said it wasn't the seam when I sent them a pic!.really am getting very frustrated with this company

It would be nice if you could. I'm not inferring that the company is not legit, but to deny a consumer his right without even examining the product is not on.

The company have now said that if I box the pool up the will come and get it and give me a full refund should I trust them? Have a feeling I could be left without a pool and no money. Really not sure if I can trust them

Have they put that in writing, or just in a phone call?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D