Orange Dongle/ Broadband Usage Costs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

You may have noticed, I have another thread running at the moment, although in relation to an Orange UK matter, it is totally unrelated to this matter. (other thread relates to Mobile Contract Ts&Cs - this relates to Orange USB Dongle Broadband/Data Usage - costs!).

So to begin, I have an Orange USB Dongle, on Contract - costing approx. £5 per month, for 500MB Data. I have had this for approx. 2 years, most of the time - forgotton about, sitting in a drawer for emergencies.

Recent dispute/negotiations with Virgin Media, who provide me with Telephone/TV/Broadband - had meant my services being temporarily suspended. So during this period, I relied on using my Orange USB Dongle, being very careful to refrain from any form of streaming/downloading etc.

Any heavy work required, likely to incur heavy charges - I would plan in advance and attend the library and use their internet /facilities.

My VM Services were suspended for approx. 2 months (max).

My Orange Bill dated 24 June - had not incurred any additional costs for data used (430MB)

My Orange Bill dated 24 July however, came as a great shock - £62.70/ rating my usage for the month, as being 2319 MB. I was mortified.

Unlike the Mobile Phone usage, which includes an itemization - Data Usage doesn't?

Is there any way of establishing, just how I may have used this much data? I don't understand why it should be so high on the second month - used similarly??

Any help/advice - much appreciated!

Thank you all

:???::-o

not got anything running in the background on the machine with the dongle on it?

its always a good idea to pull it out when not actually using it .

anyhow.

can you not see the usage on the orange online webportal

I thought you could?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...