Mackenzie Hall offering discount on QQ debt - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The landscape for PDL is changing. The government and the FSA / New FSA are starting to decide more in the favour of Consumers.

I agree with everything in the thread and Mucky Hall dont deserve a penny.

Discounted Debt? Something wrong... I Smell Fish ^__^

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deepinthedoo. I could not find a template for your problem. So I had a go myself, I hope it works.

For The Attention of The Compliance Manager

Mackenzie Hall

Ref: as on their letters/e-mails.

Please take note that I wrote a letter on ...date... stating that I would only deal with

the above matter in writing and not by phone. Since you received that letter Mackenzie

hall have continued to harass me by phone. I have complained to my local trading

standards again about this matter.

Your company’s actions are a clear breach of OFT guidelines. I must insist that all

Contact must be made in writing and sent by Royal Mail, (proof of posting is not

Accepted as proof of delivery).

NO agent, representative of Mackenzie is granted permission to phone or contact me in

Anyway except in writing. If you continue to contact me by phone I will also make a formal complaint to the police that you have ignored my letters and that your actions are to be regarded as criminal harassment.

I will not discuss financial matters over the phone.

For Clarity I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance and the sections regarding the conduct of debt collection agencies and i will make a complaint to the Oft if your actions do not cease with immediate effect.

your name etc

Edited by mr_mastiff
missed word

Deepinthedoo, I had a think about your first statement in this tread. I think that you should treat their full and Final settlement offer with great care. If you look around the various threads on the subject you often find that what they promise and what they do, are two different things. Many people after paying the full and final offer have checked their CRA files only to find that the debt as not been removed but the debt as been reduced by the amount they have given. In some cases the debt as then been taken over by another DCA and the problems that they believed had been settled have started again.

Edited by mr_mastiff
missing word

thanks both

it has all changed this morning received a letter from HL LEGAL SOLICITORS

Headlined

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

If i fail to respond within 14 days there client (m hall) MAY proceed court action

If its intention to scare me it has worked

No idea what to do now

East Ayrshire Trading Standards is your next place to call, they have a huge file on Mucky Hall and HL Illegal as we know them...

Tell East Ayrshire what Mucky Hall have been doing and sit back and relax, they are the ones who should be scared now you have got some help.

As Sillygirl said, get in touch with their local trading standards. Instead of 8 weeks to rectify a complaint as the FOS says, their trading standards gives then 5 DAYS before they come down hard on them.

Don't put it off, dont say you will do it later. It takes 5 mins to get a complaint in.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just look up their local trading standards and give them a ring. Hopefully you'll be put through to Sam (not sure of his last name), who is the main person dealing with Mucky Hall.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yep. You can.

Hi Deep, If you do send for your CCA with the one pound PO make sure you state on it that it is for CCA only, otherwise they might just take it as a payment off your account. I also list it as an enclosed document stating the serial number and for CCA use only. Being even more anal I take photographs of the PO and letter and then staple the PO to the letter. I got fed up of requests being returned saying PO not enclosed which delayed the outcome.

Deepinthedoo Hold firm mate the letter is one more trick that these B@@@@@@@s use to try and intimidate you. You have been given good advice. Follow it and you will be O.K any more worries just let us know. If they cannot produce a valid CCA then their talk of court action is just talk. Wait until you get the letter back from their compliance officer if he does not

reply to you then its time to go to the OFT mate.

Edited by mr_mastiff

Reply to my email

Hi Mr sxxxxxxxx

In the first instance you should contact the company's Head of Compliance who will undertake an investigation concerning the issues you raise. You should include as much detail as possible to allow an investigation such as your name, address, D.O.B. etc and the reference number provided by Mackenzie Hall. If you do no receive a response within 10 working days please get back in touch with myself and I will progress your complaint on your behalf.

Christine Murray can be contacted at the following email address: cmurray@mackenziehall.co.uk

Kind regards.

Sam

Follow his instructions. Same is the guy who deals with mucky hall.