Stung by Legalcare after free trial ended - their Solicitors want me to write to them

Jez(UK)
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like a lot of people have experienced the sharp end of Legalcare.co.uk free-trial, I too have been a victim of their dodgy website practices (very basically, I googled "free legal advice" and LegalCare came up, their website said 14-day free trial), which I trialled and didn't like, so I cancelled the only way I could see how DURING the free trial, by cancelling my paypal subscription.

A lot of people, like me, found out that cancelling this way isn't accepted by Legalcare - Legalcare want you to cancel in a specific way (which they made very hidden and uneasy to work out how to do - hence why a lot of us have fallen victim after our free-trial ended).

What is surprising about Legalcare is they are far more keen and VERY quick to send you threatening emails and Solicitor threats of taking you to the Small Claims Courts if you don't pay them their full-year's subscription, than they are about Customer Service and getting their website to be very clear about how to cancel (though they have since made some improvements to their site).

That's the background - but here is my question.

I have twice spoken to Legalcare's debt collection solicitors (GPB Solicitors) and have told them that I have done nothing wrong and that I never used the services of LegalCare outside of the free trial and that no one can force me to be a customer of their's when I've explicitly told them I do not wish to be....

.... and twice they've asked me to write in outlining my story and they will 'review the case'.

At first I was happy to do this, but now I am having serious doubts about writing to a debt collection firm of solicitors who are considering taking me to the Small Claims Courts - not because I have done anything wrong, but because I fear they may use what I write against me in a Small Claims Courts.

Obviously I am not a solicitor myself so I feel that anything I put in writing to them, a firm of solicitors, would need to be written by a solicitor (to protect me) !

What advice could anyone give me about LegalCare and how to handle this ?

PS - I am aware of the other threads on this website regarding Legalcare and their 'sting in the tail'.....

Many thanks.

Edited by Jez(UK)

Like a lot of people have experienced the sharp end of Legalcare.co.uk free-trial, I too have been a victim of their dodgy website practices (very basically, I googled "free legal advice" and LegalCare came up, their website said 14-day free trial), which I trialled and didn't like, so I cancelled the only way I could see how DURING the free trial, by cancelling my paypallink3.gif subscription.

A lot of people, like me, found out that cancelling this way isn't accepted by Legalcare - Legalcare want you to cancel in a specific way (which they made very hidden and uneasy to work out how to do - hence why a lot of us have fallen victim after our free-trial ended).

What is surprising about Legalcare is they are far more keen and VERY quick to send you threatening emails and Solicitor threats of taking you to the small claimslink3.gif Courts if you don't pay them their full-year's subscription, than they are about Customer Service and getting their website to be very clear about how to cancel (though they have since made some improvements to their site).

That's the background - but here is my question.

I have twice spoken to Legalcare's debt collectionlink3.gif solicitors (GPB Solicitors) and have told them that I have done nothing wrong and that I never used the services of LegalCare outside of the free trial and that no one can force me to be a customer of their's when I've explicitly told them I do not wish to be....

.... and twice they've asked me to write in outlining my story and they will 'review the case'.

At first I was happy to do this, but now I am having serious doubts about writing to a debt collection firm of solicitors who are considering taking me to the Small Claims Courts - not because I have done anything wrong, but because I fear they may use what I write against me in a Small Claims Courts.

Obviously I am not a solicitor myself so I feel that anything I put in writing to them, a firm of solicitors, would need to be written by a solicitor (to protect me) !

What advice could anyone give me about LegalCare and how to handle this ?

PS - I am aware of the other threads on this website regarding Legalcare and their 'sting in the tail'.....

Many thanks.

There is an asterix on the 'Try our service for free for 14 days*' Label and at the bottom of 'every' page it says:

"*The LegalCare service is offered on the basis of a 14 day free trial. If you do not notify us that you wish to cancel within the 14 day trial period you will then enter into a minimum 12 month subscription. For more information please see our frequently asked questions. "

Edited by Conniff

Yes, very good.....

Their FAQs have now been significantly enhanced to include heaps of information about how to cancel your free trial - this was not there beforehand.

Edited by Jez(UK)

Check archive.org to search for a snapshot of their webpage from when you signed up.... Having a browse through, it never had a page without the *

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I was answering your specific post that said they put that bit there after and it was not there before... for you to use this as an argument to cancel, you would need proof.

The site does look very "pyramid sales" to me.

When did you sign up?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

locutus has given you the answer that will best suite you. Unless you can prove there was no other way, you have no complaint.

You don't know enough about the case to say that.

When did you sign up. I'll see if I can dig out their webpage from then and see what was missing.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar