TV repair

Grotesque
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Out of curiosity-

apologies if this is in the wrong forum-

but if you give a feller £65 to take a TV away and look at,

are you then committed to actually paying for the repair?

I.e., you might decide it wouldn''t be worth it, say.

Are are you obliged to take it back, and pay what's owed?

Cheers!

no.

the fee is for exactly what you said,

to collect set and find the fault.

I would imagine that if it is a straighforward repair that is economicla to do bearing in mind the age and value of the telly,

the engineer will just go ahead and do it.

If it is going to be expensive they should contact you and ask what you want to do about it.

they cannot just land you with a bill for hundreds and expect you to cough up when you could buy a new set for less money.

Cheers mate, that's just what I was wondering- since it's six years old, the difference between him repairing it (inc. original outlay) and a new set, 8" bigger, for only a oner more- seemed like a no-brainer- but only if we haven't inadvertently entered into something binding. Cheers!

All the best to Eric, BTW! ;)

Unles syou signed something that stated you will be paying for parts/repairs once the tv is taken away, then no. The £65 is just a (very high) examination charge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah! Well a least some b*gger in Waltham Forest will be guaranteed to get turkey again this Christmas! lol

Thanks for both your help. Keep an eye on ebay... if you see my telly, ask for £65 discount!

Cheers