Optima Legal/MMF Claimform QuickQuid 'debt' ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...
Still no response to my defence from Optima finance. How long have they got to respond and what happens if they fail to respond to my defence in the allotted time (28 days???) TT:-)

If it fails to progress the case it will remain stayed pending any application from either party, I believe there are a few on here who's cases haven't moved for 3+ years

do I apply for a stay or is this an automated process. If the case becomes stayed can they restart the proceedings at a later date or can I request the case be struck out to stop them doing this?

Thanks TT

The court automatically stays the claim if the Claimant doesn't advise it wishes to proceed.

If, at a later date, they decide they wish to proceed - they have to make an application to the court in order to do this. Depending on how long the stay, they might have to give a very good reason as to why they have left it so long.

Yes, you can also make an application to the court to have their claim struck out - however you might find yourself having to defend the claim as it is very likely they will object to this so it will go to a hearing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have just received a notice of discontinuance from MMF on the basis that each party bears their own costs. Could someone please advise what this is and what costs I am likely to incur.

Thanks TT

The notice states that it will be filed on the 14th of July should we fail to hear anything from you.

It also states that Pursuant rule 38(6)3 of the civil procedure rules 1998, due to the claim being for less than 10K you are not entitled to recover costs of defending the claim from our client.

Don't really understand. Are they trying to make me pay court costs for defending their claim and If so how much will this be?

Thanks again

No tomtom each party bears their own costs...but if the claim was never allocated you are entitled to claim wasted costs against the claimant pursuant to CPR 38(6)3...if you wish to.

Irrespective of that well done you have defended them and the backed off.

I will amend your thread title to reflect the result.

Congratulations.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent news.

BCOBS